Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Pubs

We've had threads about best pubs but, at the risk of antagonising AFKA's U boats:-), I don't remember any on worst pubs.

DON'T use this pub!!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=41873

Comments

• Options
    i revved up the U Boat Len with this thread in mind:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=12368

but havning realised it was just London, you can take off your life jacket :-)
  • Options
    Fanny-On-The-Hill in Welling was a bit of a dive...
  • Options
    Baring Hall in Grove Park is pretty awful nowadays.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    pretty much any and all weatherspoons, hateful hateful souless corporate 'pubs' , fair nuff they're cheap but your selling your soul to the devil people

well unless your underage and will be one of the only places your get served, another reason not to go, theyre full of fuckn kids
  • Options
    Any in plumstead apart from the Herbert
  • Options
    The pub in Plymouth we went into after the game was grim.The first thing to hit you was the smell of puke and the two very pissed up locals trying to play pool didn't exactly fill you full of confindence of a fine evenings drinking was in store
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The Antigalligan before it was done up was faily sh*t

The Windsor castle in Deptford High Street was the pits. Funny thing when that doughNut Prince Charles visited Deptford " One has to do ones bit for the lower classes you know " he saw The Windsor castle and thought it would be jolly hockey sticks and all that to have a glass ofthat brown stuff the poor drink. Dear o Dear how i laughed when i saw that. I think thats wot made his hair fall out !

The Mad House in Deptford looked shit from outside was a good boozer inside, but not if u wasnt local. OB did drink in there once but they came out one night tofind their car turned upside down.
  • Options
    Kings arms in greenwich, used to be a lovely boozer, been taken over by some pricks, on saturday night behind the bar there was a boyband reject and dider drogbas gay twin bother behind the bar, sat night full pub good atmoshphere just getting started.. they rang the bell at 10.15 for last orders, i said what the f is going on "ermmm errrrr sorry mate were short staffed!!" bol*&ks my friend, there was 3 of them and in the past 1 bloke worked behind the bar! as we were being pushed out the door at 10.45 the young white tosser turned the music up and shouted party time!! i was fuming!! will never be going back there again. we had been going there since we were 16 and had some blinding nights in there never again.
  • Options
    Most of Woolwich
  • Options
    we used to go to this boozer every friday nite for years near marylebone. Was Ok the guvnor was 100% nice bloke. We decorated it one Saturday for him was like a big party thing. He died suddenly and his wife took it over. Never have i seen a pub go downhill so fast. Toilets filthy, beer almost undrinkable, etc. She was a nasty piece of work, mutton dressed as lamb.
    On a friday one of our lot was drunk seated and asleep in corner. I was standing by the bar when she tells one of her toy boys get a bucket of water and throw it over that thing in the corner ! so i told her and him they wasnt doing that end of, you sold him the booze and he isnt doing anything other than catching 40 winks. She screams at top of her voice "Cliff, cliff cliff (was she gona jump ?)" this very very tall black guy appears, as he is walking towards us she says "now ur gona get wot you deserve, or get out !" the black guy gets there and says "high guys hows it going,long time no see want a beer ?" lol lol priceless her top guy came from falconwood and we all worked together two years before. Looks the part all gold teeth and dark glasses yet a true gent .
    The mutton bird stormed off left us to have a good beer and me and Cliff put our other mate in a taxi. Turns out Cliff was loking after the landlady !
    The Brewery took the pub offher few months later and now its a wine bar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Will be there mate gona meet my old man at charring cross jump the train down and have few beveys whilst watching the wembley match again.
  • Options
    The Railway in Rainham Kent what a sh*thole, plus there is a fight in there EVERY night.
  • Options
    Boadicea in Charing Cross station surely has to be up there, proper dive but too close to platform 1 if your train is delayed.

Have given them far too much money thanks to South Eastern's lack of punctuality.
  • Options
    One real hole was the Sky Blue Tavern next to Highfield Road. You stuck to the carpet if you stood still for too long.
  • Options
    Old Friends in Greenwich!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Old Friends in Greenwich!

I think thats shut down/fell down (delete as applicable) now, though its hardly surprising, the Infant in woolwich now that was a dump.
  • Options
    Bloody hell- used to be one of my sort-of-locals.

Having said that, it really is a dive and only went when there was live England and the occasional Champions League game. One of my last visits there was when England played Portugal in Euro 2004. As soon Ricardo scored their winning penalty, a pint glass was lobbed at the T.V in the same way you'd chuck a dart. Lovely.

A few years ago in my yoof, every male passing through the door was asked to either remove any rings they were wearing (including wedding rings), and show the back of their palms/knuckles to the doorman, irrespective of age or appearance. You could either suggest this implies this is a 'rough' pub (even in the context of Gillingham) or one with an utterly turd admission policy. Take your pick.

Rather than turn people away for wearing polo shirts or England paraphernalia, why don't they deal with the underage chavs by asking them for I.D? Or is there a concern that this would abandon a sizeable chunk of their clientele? It's like the Yates 'wine' bar in Lewisham.

Having said that, The Flying Scotsman in Kings Cross is insightful just for the sheer depraved, filth of the place!
  • Options
    Having said that, The Flying Scotsman in Kings Cross is insightful just for the sheer depraved, filth of the place!

I used to work down the road and went in there once - strange clientele, a mix of druggies, hookers and assorted other flotsam/jetsam of society. I once saw a knife fight outside the pub.

As for dodgy pubs - most of those in and around Norwood Junction, if anyone remembers drinking around there in the Selhurst years. Only the Goathouse was half-decent.
  • Options
    White Horse in Charlton - DIRE