Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derek Hales Autobiography **Help Needed**

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Hi Guys,

My names Paul and ive been given the best job in the world to help work on a new autobiography with Legend Derek Hales.

Part of the series will offer the chance for you guys to ask Derek any questions abut his career and we have been given a signed photo of Derek to give away to the person who asks the best question.

So here goes, use this thread to pose your questions to Derek below

Cheers in advance

Paul Tucks

Comments

• Can you tell me why you had a fight with Mike Flanagan?
  • Did you ever consider being a manager? If so, what stopped you?
  • Ill be first in the queue for this one
  • ask him about The Plough in Dartford after Alan Simonsons first game for us.

Ill be at the very very very back ofthe que.
  • What was your impression of the Allan Simonsen signing and did is cause unrest in the dressing room?
  • which current player (doesn't have to be cafc) reminds you of yourself playing wise?
  • Did you regret going to Derby given that Charlton knew how to play to your strengths and might have been good enough to go up had you stayed?
  • Which team did you support as a kid?
  • who was the best manager you played under.
    do you think you could cope with todays fittness regime?
    is it true you lost nearly a stone away at luton on the opening day of the season in which we lost 3-0.
  • When you moved to Derby, did you realy shoot the dog next door?
  • Sponsored links:

• What is the most number of pints you have drank in one sitting?
  • Ultimately, the mission to drive Yankee imperialists from Cuba was successful, but that came at great cost. As you will no doubt recall, your forces were almost destroyed at the Battle of Las Mercedes; the historical record shows that the deft command of Castro and yourself moved to avoid the trap and impending disaster for the cause. Liberation of the island was delivered not long after. Viva La Revolución! Hasta la victoria siempre! Given your long history of involvement in liberation movements, indeed your iconic status as a guerilla combatant, do you think this coloured your aggressive play up front during the period you were at Charlton?
  • WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Ultimately, the mission to drive Yankee imperialists from Cuba was successful, but that came at great cost. As you will no doubt recall, your forces were almost destroyed at the Battle of Las Mercedes; the historical record shows that the deft command of Castro and yourself moved to avoid the trap and impending disaster for the cause. Liberation of the island was delivered not long after. Viva La Revolución! Hasta la victoria siempre! Given your long history of involvement in liberation movements, indeed your iconic status as a guerilla combatant, do you think this coloured your aggressive play up front during the period you were at Charlton?
    ha ha ha - at first i wondered what the hell you were going on about but then i twigged!
  • PMSL @ lookout
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2008
    Muffins, 180 or 200 degrees in the oven?

Seriously, Do you still have that sheepskin coat and did you nick any booze when you guarded the valley club when we went bust all them years ago?
  • When you were one on one with the keeper, did you focus on just getting the ball past the keeper, or hitting a specific part of the net?
  • What's your favourite colour :o)
  • Is it true you used to shoot pidgeons at the Valley before training with a shotgun?

Why did you have a fight with Archie Gemmal whilst at Derby?
  • Does it take you as long as the rest of us to get served in The Oak?
  • Do you dress to the left or to the right?..
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2008
    So here goes, use this thread to pose your questions to Derek below

If it's your autobiography why aren't you doing the writing?
  • did you use to have a beard and play for Charlton?
  • cant reveal too much right now but this will be an autobiography with a twist.

I will keep you posted and will be happy to provide you with one Ben as soon as we have a copy inhand.
  • ha, whisper gone wrong and Henry Irving is after a freebie !!
  • LOL, part exchange for a cardigan and a wurthers original
  • Henry on a freebie - never! My questions for the Greatest would be how many pints of Guinness did he sink during the play thing that was going on at the Centenary do in the north stand lounge prior to the unveiling of Sam - and can he autograph the bar bill in his own inimitable style?!
  • Hi Mr hales, Do you think your beard in the early 80's KillerBeardman, was as good as mine??? MCS Beardman!
  • Derek, what would you do to get Goonerhater to the front of the queue?
  • is it true that your dad laid out a derby fan on your derby debut because he called you s**t ?
  • how does it feel seeing that enormous 'che hales' banner going around the valley