Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simonson debut

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
for the life of me I cannot bloody remember who he made his valley debut against. I'm sure I was there vaguely remember seeing him in one game that my mum took me too i was only 12 so was a long time ago.

Comments

• Options
    Rotherham we lost 5 v 1 at The valley

although he came on in a reserve match against swansea
  • Options
    Boro at home. Scored our second in a 3-2 defeat.
  • Options
    "Rotherham we lost 5 v 1 at The valley

although he came on in a reserve match against swansea"

Rotherham was the game after (Craggs last game I think) He was on the front page of the programme and they only announced he wasn't playing until most people were in the ground.
  • Options
    ooh 'ello - who right and wrong here. ---- think i was at the boro game rings a bell
  • Options
    Dave might be correct,it was alongtime ago.
  • Options
    swansea reserve game, then boro 1st team is correct.
  • Options
    the club announced on the friday that he would play against rotherham over 10,000 turned up HE DIDNT PLAY loads of people were pissed off and we lost 5-1. he played against boro we lost 3-2. my main memory was our game at home to newcastle it was billed as simnosen v keegan and we won 2-0.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]for the life of me I cannot bloody remember who he made his valley debut against. I'm sure I was there vaguely remember seeing him in one game that my mum took me too i was only 12 so was a long time ago.

Definitely Swansea reserve game, was there in the covered end with my Doc Martens on.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Was at the Swansea game about 2,500 for a res game !

Keegan didnt play in the 2 v 0 game pulled out on the day.

Simo took Chelsea apart as well we won 5v2 i think, and he scored twice.

Was so far above every body else. You saw em looking when he played a ball through "wow that was class, wish i had seen that!".

Wonder what happened to mark Huleyer ? where ever he is id like to say thanks for giving us a chance to see a truely World class player in our team.
  • Options
    I was handed a picture of him by some bird walking around teh touchline

Saying thank you for coming to see Allan Simonson i refused teh picture and said i come to teh see the team the same as i do all the time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't there a bit of fisticuffs behind the Covered End against Boro?..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Boro at home. Scored our second in a 3-2 defeat.

3-0 down after about 20 minutes if I remember right...
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Boro at home in a 3-2 defeat - it was my first ever Charlton game
  • Options
    thanks lads. i was deffo there - called my mum and asked.
  • Options
    Swansea in a reserve friendly, was handed a signed photo of him by the club at half time, great player
  • Options
    i rember going to a boxing camp with my dad in amsterdam when i was a small child just hanging about watching all the sportsmen doing diffrent sports,and i noticed that the barcelona team was staying there went over and got all there autographs,must have been 83 84 i wonder if simonsen was with them then ? sadly i was told to give the signed photo to my american cousin who had no intrest in football,sickens me to this day.
  • Options
    League game against Boro was 13th November 1982 - just happened to be my 13th birthday, I'm not that sad really!
  • Options
    anyone remember the bycicle tyre been thrown on the pitch at the boro game
  • Options
    Was deffo Boro at home.....boosted the crowd up to a heady 10-12,000...trouble with Simo was he was 2 passes in front of the rest of the team....
    :-)
  • Options
    The game against Rotherham we lost 5-1 prompted Hulyer to take Ken Craggs out for a meal to reassure him his job was safe. By Monday he had changed his mind and sacked him, at least he got dinner as well as a vote of confidence. The other thing about that game was Rotherham had a winger called Tony Towner who murdered us that afternoon, a couple of years later we signed him and he couldn't cross the road never mind a football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Was at the Swansea game about 2,500 for a res game !

Keegan didnt play in the 2 v 0 game pulled out on the day.

Simo took Chelsea apart as well we won 5v2 i think, and he scored twice.

Was so far above every body else. You saw em looking when he played a ball through "wow that was class, wish i had seen that!".

Wonder what happened to mark Huleyer ? where ever he is id like to say thanks for giving us a chance to see a truely World class player in our team.

Spent a couple of years inside, he used to still go to football and would see him in the bugle before the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

Sadly he rarely ventures out of his house these days and he has n't been down the Valley for a number of years . His son and brothers go regularly though