Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    ours has to be top of the pile. leicester v palace is a good un purely for the fact claridge shinned a last minute winner as well
  • Options
    Never ever doubt in my mind......
  • Options
    Charlton v Leeds 1987 should be in there.
  • Options
    Shouldn't our decider v Leeds at St Andrews also be in that top ten?

Oh silly me, I'm forgetting that's from the days before Sky so therefore it doesn't exist... ;-)
  • Options
    Snap :-)
  • Options
    fair shout weegie
  • Options
    Also has to be one of the greatest games ever to have been played at Wembley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Also has to be one of the greatest games ever to have been played at Wembley

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/05/22/playoffs_parsimonious_pitchers.html
    "With so much at stake, you'd expect the Football League play-off finals to be turgid affairs. But they're not. Ever. They're a gift from the sporting gods that just keeps on giving. Hark back 10 years to Charlton's epic victory over Sunderland, arguably the finest game ever played at Wembley."
  • Options
    Shouldn't our decider v Leeds at St Andrews also be in that top ten?

Oh silly me, I'm forgetting that's from the days before Sky so therefore it doesn't exist... ;-)

to be fair, Boro-Chelsea from a year later is 2nd in the list and that wasn't on SKY either so maybe the writer just didn't think it was quite as dramatic as how we remember it
  • Options
    Gillingham v Man City in 1999 was an exhilerating game - our Nicky saving the deciding penalty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the mighty addicks involved in the two best play off finals and we won both
  • Options
    Palace - Shef Utd wasn't too bad either, Hopkin looking to curl one.