Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex CAFC player to become Vicar/Minister etc

2»

Comments

• edited May 2008
    I have no religion but do believe there is a God. There is no logic which would explain that to me.

What gets up my nose is when people think its ok to slag off Christians but wouldnt have the gonads to say that about another religion.
  • Blimey he's coming here (Calgary/Rocky Mountains) - there seems to be absolutely floods of Brits moving here at the moment!

I don't have an iota of religion in me, but good luck to him.
  • I have no time for any of them GH, muslims, jews, anglicans, catholics, seventh day adventists, jedi or whatever. Religion causes, or does nothing to stop, most of the worlds problems. There are two which cheese me off more than the others, because of their stance, but i don't want to offend any more people than I already have, or make anyone think that means I am any more enamoured by the ones I don't mention.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I have no time for any of them GH, muslims, jews, anglicans, catholics, seventh day adventists, jedi or whatever. Religion causes, or does nothing to stop, most of the worlds problems. There are two which cheese me off more than the others, because of their stance, but i don't want to offend any more people than I already have, or make anyone think that means I am any more enamoured by the ones I don't mention.

Have you read 'A History of God' by Karen Armstrong? The blurb on the back cover states - 'This is the most fascinating and learned survey of the biggest wild goose chase in history - the quest for god.' Says it all for me.
  • I shall look out for it Stonemuse. Watch Root of all Evil? by Richard Dawkins if it's available, should be compulsory viewing for every child before they are brainwashed.
  • Jermaine Defoe, a Christian? Not a very good one.
  • I've met him too, nice bloke - the very best of luck to him & his family, even though I have never understood what all the fuss is about when it comes to religion.