Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our next signing

edited May 2008 in Rumours
What position do you think it will be

Kepper
Defender
Midfielder
Forward

Personally i think the next movement will be on a midfielder

Comments

• 9th June - Stuart Fleetwood
  • all these non league players is a waste of money on ther wages save your money and get a decent cm with guts and passion.
  • greg halford is signing on another 1 year. i happen to no his agent
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCHUNTER[/cite]greg halford is signing on another 1 year. i happen to no his agent
    I' rather Moo2 be first choice this year, plus Halford must be on big wages.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCHUNTER[/cite]all these non league players is a waste of money on ther wages save your money and get a decent cm with guts and passion.

Like who?
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCHUNTER[/cite]all these non league players is a waste of money on ther wages save your money and get a decent cm with guts and passion.

These non league players are a gamble, pure and simple. If we don't have any decent home grown strikers likely to make the grade then I think there's a case for going for one of these. Fleetwood has, I believe been on the books of a league club in the past. If one of these comes good then apart from the affect on the team, there is the financial bonus as they become a saleable asset. Sometimes youngsters fall through the net of league teams and can be "rediscovered". So go for these as a punt I say but we still need to have decent strikers available.

We have currently four decent strikers (on their day) in Varney, Tody, Gray, and Big Chris. In addition to this we have McLeod and Dickson. If these are supplemented by Fleetwood then well and good. If we are unhappy with the main four, then sell one and buy somebody better.
  • Agreed. Time to cut our cloth.
  • If we can pick up good young players on the cheap and then farm them out for a year then it seems a worthwhile gamble, you only need one or two to make it and the payback is there.