Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palarse lose another key player

Nice to see a team with ambition selling kids at such a young age.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3628657,00.html

Comments

• Options
    are they getting an actual transfer fee for him or just the under 24 compensation value?
  • Options
    i should imagian a fee, but wont be that much up front, i should imagian alot of it will be apperance fees etc
  • Options
    Palace are denying it and say they still hold his registration. It may go to a tribunal methinks.
  • Options
    Next one will be Watson
  • Options
    if it goes to a tribunal they won't get the 5 mill thats bein bounded about, it'll b closer to 2 or 3 mill

Shame
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Next one will be Watson

rejected an offer from QPR today for Watson
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]if it goes to a tribunal they won't get the 5 mill thats bein bounded about, it'll b closer to 2 or 3 mill

Shame

be nearer a mill plus add-on's in my opinion
  • Options
    yeah apparently 1.25 ish for watson - bit of piss take really, but then looks like alot of fans would except a 2.5-3 million bid for him, still far to low in my opinion, love him at charlton for that
  • Options
    we should go after him, just for entertainment value
  • Options
    if only - there's no way that prick would except a bid from us, well not without it being silly money, which we don't have.

althou would be great ala coldaron, he'd blatanteyl choose us other them, if only for money
  • Options
    if only indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]we should go after him, just for entertainment value[/quote]

Now that would be funny, Tottenham, Chelsea, Barcelona, or Charlton hmmm I donno tough one, you're right he might consider you.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    weren't we talking about going after Ben Watson (I was anyway!)??

The last I heard, Chelsea, Spurs or Barcelona couldn't give two shits about him... in fact I very much doubt any Catalans even know of his existence

think you've got your knickers in a twist budgie...
  • Options
    Budgie you really need to get with it we was talking about Watson, LMAO, what a nigel
  • Options
    The departure of Bostock was inevitible from the moment he did not sign after his 16th birthday....the boy is a talent... a real talent and it would be difficult for any non prem club to retain such a player.

The Watson situation is less clear cut, I think most clubs have a player who always seems to get refered to glowingly (like our chairman..yeah I know!) in the press no matter what performance he gives.

Jerome Thomas always seems to get a good write up in the press....yet when you read what the people who watch him every week think- the story is less positive.

Watson has been good this season...not brilliant but good and he is a player that could be replaced in a positive way. I'd say 2.5 would be a good price, he's not prem quality.

Mind you when it was first rumoured that Hudson could be heading to you lot, I stated I would not swap him for McCarthy and now it looks like that and worse is going to happen..FFS!
  • Options
    oops, now I just feel silly.

Hands off Ben though.
  • Options
    Oi sos, I don't want to argue with you, certainly not on here, but I have to disagree with you about Ben. He may not be good enough for the top teams in the Prem, but he is certainly good enough for at least half of the Prem teams.

2.5m would be a good price though, considering he only has a year left on his contract.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Oi sos, I don't want to argue with you, certainly not on here, but I have to disagree with you about Ben. He may not be good enough for the top teams in the Prem, but he is certainly good enough for at least half of the Prem teams.

2.5m would be a good price though, considering he only has a year left on his contract.

Disagree all you like budgie....he's not quick enough.....and by that I mean he seriously lacks a yard........his corner's are very, very erratic.... having a player like watson does force us to sit back a fair bit as he is not your box to box midfielder. Most prem teams would just play round him.

The next post on this thread will be something to the effect of Nigels falling out on our board, by some a-dick ;-)
  • Options
    Feck me our two pet nigels are having a tiff on our board!!!
  • Options
    put em up!
  • Options
    Lets all just sit back and watch two nigels ripping lumps out if each other on a rivals message board, you couldnt wish for better,SOS= NW Budgie= Tango, come on girls
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SOS/Budgie, What's this Ben Watson like at taking penalties.

Wouldn't want Charlton to sign him and then him miss one it a vital game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]SOS/Budgie, What's this Ben Watson like at taking penalties.

Wouldn't want Charlton to sign him and then him miss one it a vital game.

Not as good as I am at taking £20 off a one time fans director!