Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next season

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Not being negative ,but looking at the teams in our league next season, I think we'll do well to be in the top six. I expect Birmingham,Reading and Derby to be strong in the championship. You also have QPR spending plenty (although it is Dowie were talking about here) plus the other probables such as Wolves,Sheff Utd etc plus maybe someone like Swansea being the suprise team. Could be a tough season,what do you think ?

Comments

• Options
    hard to say until all the dealing has been done.

You'd expect the three relegated sides to do well but look at last year.

QPR have money to spend but so did we last year.

Palace and Bristol City will expect to push on from last year.

Personally I think that if we get the holding midfield player that we need in then we'll be good shout for top six but until we see who comes and who goes it's impossible to tell.

Derby are having a huge shake up, Sheff Utd finished very well, Soton have a new coach, Swansea look good, Watford seem to be selling a lot of players, Reading- who knows. In fact you can make a case for just about any team in the CCC.
  • Options
    people expected us, southampton and sheff utd to be in the top 6, and bristol city to be relegated last season, so anything could happen! derby are like us regarding the amount of players coming and going, so may find it hard to gel.

if we do exactly as we did last season but turn some of our home draws and defeats into draws and wins (scunny, barnsley, hull, colchester, qpr, preston) then we will do well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]hard to say until all the dealing has been done.

You'd expect the three relegated sides to do well but look at last year.

QPR have money to spend but so did we last year.

Palace and Bristol City will expect to push on from last year.

Personally I think that if we get the holding midfield player that we need in then we'll be good shout for top six but until we see who comes and who goes it's impossible to tell.

Derby are having a huge shake up, Sheff Utd finished very well, Soton have a new coach, Swansea look good, Watford seem to be selling a lot of players, Reading- who knows. In fact you can make a case for just about any team in the CCC.

I agree totally. We could also do with a creative player who suits the rush rush standard of this division. Also for Bristol City they might be a Sunderland/West Ham or they might suffer a hangover from last seasons heartache
  • Options
    We need couple of creative players aswell as a tough man in centre of park then we will be in the mix for sure. Our strikers arent great but we need to create, that is our main problem. Sam and Thomas delievery is awful and Ambrose is not a winger