Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best away following of the year.............

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
.........just gone!? and wot is the reason for your choice??
Also why im at it who do u think brought down the best group of fans to the valley??

Comments

• Options
    Best away following had to be Palace for obvious reasons, electric atmosphere. Best fans at the Valley, tough, I don't really pay attention, thought Barnsley were Ok...oh I don't know
  • Options
    bristol city
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]bristol city

Is that home or away nolly, im guessing u mean when bristol came to us??
    They were quite good though at the valley.
  • Options
    they were animals though
  • Options
    Plymouth at the Valley and Norwich were loud on Boxing day.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thought Scunny weren't bad.
  • Options
    most teams had decent followings at the valley, i wonder how many teams brought more to us than we did to them
  • Options
    let it go.
  • Options
    B City
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]most teams had decent followings at the valley, i wonder how many teams brought more to us than we did to them

Well we clearly have to many fans like yourself who don't bother to attend away games anymore.

Best game fans wise for me was either Palace or Southamption.

Bristol brought the best fans to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bristol City shouldn't win for throwing a flare on the pitch but it was a huge turnout for a mid-week game. Over a 1000 walk up on the night in the Jimmy Seed which is the most it's been for many years.

Plymouth were impressive.

From the 5 or 6 away games I went to Palace was the best. Could hear the away section loud and clear over in the main stand.
  • Options
    palace obviously, and southampton and watford were pretty good for us.
  • Options
    Bristol City, nice to see proper old school football fans who had a bit of passion for their club and didnt seem to have many post euro 96 types tagging along even though they were at the top end of the league.
  • Options
    Bristol City closely followed by QPR who stood and outsung us for 90 minutes even though it was 12.45 ko and they were bottom.
  • Options
    Plymouth long way for a Tuesday night.
  • Options
    Bristol City were the loudest. Throw it back! ha ha!

Loudest Home fans for me were Wolves.
  • Options
    Nicest fans home and away Scunthorpe. Most impressive at the Valley Plymouth. Noisiest for a very small following Stockport
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]most teams had decent followings at the valley, i wonder how many teams brought more to us than we did to them

Well we clearly have to many fans like yourself who don't bother to attend away games anymore.

i don't think we have TOO MANY (like myself) who don't go anymore cos we didn't have 'TOO MANY' in the first place
  • Options

YAWN....most I suspect, seeing as we are a 'big' away day for most.
  • Options
    plymouth, 2200 on a tuesday night, hands down winners for me, although palarse and brizzle were also good