Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gazza sectioned.

Gazza was sectioned earlier today under the mental health act, in Hemel Hempstead if I read the report correctly.
He approached a complete strranger in the street in a distressed state and the police were called.
God bless you son, you were a great footballer who gave many of us a lot of pleasure,sounds like the bloke is going through pure hell.
I'm glad he's been sectioned, sounds cruel maybe to some of you but I think it should have happened a good while back,let's just hope it's not all too late.

Comments

• Options
    Hope your right but i fear the worst. Its the booze and there will always be people who want to buy him a beer.
  • Options
    his family were pleading the other day for people not to buy him a drink. He's been in rehab enough times and it hasn't worked because he's free to walk whenever he wants. Hopefully now he'll be able to sort himself out once and for all.
  • Options
    what's happened to jimmy 5 bellies , his best mate??
  • Options
    A real shame especially as Bobby Robson (I think) was saying he had a "re-fueling" problem when he first got in the England team.

I do wonder if some of his friends/hangers on preferred the drunk, up for a laugh Gazza and allowed/encouraged him to continue on the path that has lead him to where he is today.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    where's that **** Jimmy five bellies now eh?

sorry just seen ooh aah's comment.

Makes ya wonder where all his mates are now. Chris Evans was another wasn't he couldn't wait to be seen with Gazza and that millwall prick Baker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite] God bless you son, you were a great footballer who gave many of us a lot of pleasure, sounds like the bloke is going through pure hell. I'm glad he's been sectioned, sounds cruel maybe to some of you but I think it should have happened a good while back,let's just hope it's not all too late.

Too true SAA£, Not cruel, probably the only way he will make it...

Very sad....
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yes indeed Ledge, where are the likes of Evans and Baker now, the silence is deafening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Yes indeed Ledge, where are the likes of Evans and Baker now, the silence is deafening.

Bit unfair on them. I've no idea if they are helping him or not but just because they aren't shouting on the odds in the media doesn't tell us anything either way.
  • Options
    Was in a top london hotel after England drew 2 v 2 with Greece. Beckham in last min for the equilizer.Gazza was in bar in corner with two really old brasses (not the kind you would rub with f**kin anything) i asked him if he watched the game and he came over for a chat. Couldnt understand a word he said , but i brought him a beer.

as for Chris Evans he used to drink in same pub as us in Nightsbridge. saw him nearly every Friday at some stage of the nite. He was always with a group and lots of well known faces, but the guy was a gent. He often sent a drink over or food. Never gave it the big celeb bollo*.
  • Options
    sounds like he has already been released according to this BBC report.

BBC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _40128691_gascoigne270.jpg

One of the greatest and most exciting goals Ive witnessed.....
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    take a bow....

gets better every time i see it..

Hope he gets through this....
  • Options
    perhaps this was the more famous one..

Lots of memories
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Yes indeed Ledge, where are the likes of Evans and Baker now, the silence is deafening.

Gascoigne gave an interview to The Observer last year when he was promoting his new book and he said that he was still pals with Evans and Baker but he did not see them as much anymore because their main common activity was boozing and he did not want to go down that path anymore.

The whole thing is just heartbreakingly sad because he is obviously a very, very fragile individual.
  • Options
    When I was reading the paper this morning on the train, I thought to myself I must post something about it today.

My heart so goes out to him.

From earlier reports in the press, it is clear he has been showing the symptoms of bi-polar disorder for sometime and he desperately needs help. Those that know me will know that a close family member of mine also suffers from bi-polar. Thankfully, with the correct treatment, you can lead a normal life but at the end of the day, Gazza must want the help.

I fully appreciate where his family are coming from. When suffering the symptoms, the bi-polar sufferer will feel great - on top of a natural high but much higher than that of a normal person - and will feel invinsible. The problems start when they start to come down as they go to a much lower level than the normal person. This is why 6/10 bi-polar sufferers not receiving treatment will ultimately take their own lives. Put that into context. Imagine being Gazza's family - thinking the very next phone call could be the police to say they have found a body. I've been there too and it is absolutely horrific.

I just hope and pray that he gets the treatment he needs before it is too late.

Gazza will always be my biggest hero. He's the greatest player I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt without doubt. The memories of his first goal in the 4-2 win against Oxford in the FA Cup in 1991 and of course his 35 yard barnstormer against the scum at Wembley in the same year I will take to my grave with me as two of the greatest Spurs goals I've ever seen. He has absolutely everything as a footballer. Power, pace, skill, trickery... how much would he be worth in todays values?
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I thought Gazza was a skillful player, who had wasted his talent and really had little or no time for him or his antics, until I watched a program on him living in scotland and then read his autobiography which talked about the demons that he has lived with throughout his life. He is such a sad tale, someone who wanted to give love and be loved, but could only do that byu playing the fool, which hid his inner turmoil. Of the poeple that hung around him only Robson and Venables seemed to understand that all the boy wanted was to be loved. Every time I see him now, I feel choked and every time he is mentioned on the news I expect the story to be about his death. I hope he can pull it round, but calling hotel rooms home and his every move being focussed on by the media is not going to help.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Bit unfair on them. I've no idea if they are helping him or not but just because they aren't shouting on the odds in the media doesn't tell us anything either way.

sorry ben it is not unfair - they'd are such media junkies they would be 1st in front of the camera to let everyone know they are there to help - as yet nothing.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Yes indeed Ledge, where are the likes of Evans and Baker now, the silence is deafening.[/quote]

Bit unfair on them. I've no idea if they are helping him or not but just because they aren't shouting on the odds in the media doesn't tell us anything either way.[/quote]

sorry ben it is not unfair - they'd are such media junkies they would be 1st in front of the camera to let everyone know they are there to help - as yet nothing.[/quote]

Don't agree. When do you ever hear about Danny Baker other than in his shows? Evans maybe but when do you hear or read about him these days.
  • Options
    Such a shame when a player with that much talent goes off the rails. My fav memory of him along with the goal against Scotland was his hatrick against Aberdeen. Unfortunately I can't find a video off it :-(