Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More on Fleetwood

edited June 2008 in Rumours
http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_jump.html?story=834738

Comments

• Options
    just awaiting the official announcement by the sounds of it. Gray, Varney, Iwelumo, Toddy, Fleetwood and Dickson will all be fit for start of the season so imo one of them will go. My money is on Iwelumo or Dickson.
  • Options
    Are we not getting a bit carried away with all the Fleetwood stuff, alright he's scored goals but for Forest Green Rovers in the Blue Square Premiership - look how many goals Izale scored for MK Dons at a higher level than Forest Green and he didn't exactly set the world on fire.
  • Options
    Agreed, NSU. He's a gamble - not a direct replacement for our top scorer...
  • Options
    he'll be lucky to make the bench and will most probably be loaned out !!!
  • Options
    Will be the next Pardew failed gamble, re. Dean Sinclair

Please prove me wrong!!!
  • Options
    Not one to get excited about...hopefully will be proved wrong!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]he'll be lucky to make the bench and will most probably be loaned out !!!

Exactly my point, so I can't understand why people are saying that we should sell Varney or Big Chris. Also think people are expecting too much from Chris Dickson as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Are we not getting a bit carried away with all the Fleetwood stuff, alright he's scored goals but for Forest Green Rovers in the Blue Square Premiership - look how many goals Izale scored for MK Dons at a higher level than Forest Green and he didn't exactly set the world on fire.

unlike Dickson though who many see as our saviour
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Are we not getting a bit carried away with all the Fleetwood stuff, alright he's scored goals but for Forest Green Rovers in the Blue Square Premiership - look how many goals Izale scored for MK Dons at a higher level than Forest Green and he didn't exactly set the world on fire.

unlike Dickson though who many see as our saviour

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy
  • Options
    I know, but many see him as our saviour for some weird reason and at the same time ridicule Fleetwood or McLeod.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I know, but many see him as our saviour for some weird reason and at the same time ridicule Fleetwood or McLeod.

Agreed Large
  • Options
    From the brief appearances Dickson made, he looked a lot more dangerous and likely to score than McLeod ever did.

I'd ike to see both of them given a proper chance, but they are both still gambles as is Fleetwood. So far few of them have worked out, so maybe Pardew's luck will change soon...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]From the brief appearances Dickson made, he looked a lot more dangerous and likely to score than McLeod ever did.

I'd ike to see both of them given a proper chance, but they are both still gambles as is Fleetwood. So far few of them have worked out, so maybe Pardew's luck will change soon...

well, one has to work out in the end due to the law of averages. Maybe it'll be Dorian Smith .........
  • Options
    Dickson is worth more than the £50k we paid for him, IMHO, so in purely monetary terms the gamble has paid off. On the playing side he still has to prove it at this level. Large is right when he says the expectation placed on him is OTT especially compared to how some are dismissing Mac and SuperMac

McLeod most likely would not raise £1m if he was fit to sell and has not been a success on the pitch although I still think if he'd put that last minute one on one away against Palace it would have been a different story.

Fleetwood not even signed yet so slightly too early to say : -)

Just something I remembered from last pre-season.

Someone on Netaddicks was dismissing Moo2's signing as a total waste of time (this was before he had even trained let alone played) on the basis that he was French and a full back and was therefore "another Youga" Wish I could find a link to it now.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Who?? (Dorian Smith, i mean)
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I know, but many see him as our saviour for some weird reason and at the same time ridicule Fleetwood or McLeod.
    I think a lot of people (myself included) are still quite excited about Dickson because we've heard all these great things about him, but haven't had a chance to see him play yet. We're all still wanting to believe he CAN be our saviour, and until we see evidence to the contrary (and I hope we never do!), he's going to remain an incredibly exciting prospect (a la Shelvey).

As that annoying Brummie says - it's the hope that kills you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    I think a lot of people (myself included) are still quite excited about Dickson because we've heard all these great things about him, but haven't had a chance to see him play yet. We're all still wanting to believe he CAN be our saviour, and until we see evidence to the contrary (and I hope we never do!), he's going to remain an incredibly exciting prospect (a la Shelvey).

Don't get me started on Shelvey, he's 16 years old yet people are already proclaiming him as the great hope - as F-Blocker says, he's an exciting prospect - nothing more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Who?? (Dorian Smith, i mean)

the tart from Birds of a Feather
  • Options

signed in Feb from Tooting & Mitcham and loaned back for the rest of the season. Tough tackling midfielder with an eye for goal and already been earmarked as being Gerrard's replacement at Liverpool. May get a game for the ressies this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

already been earmarked as being Gerrard's replacement at Liverpool.

and a future England captain, too, surely? ;-)