Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rag and Bone Charlton...

I see another piece of amazing memoriablilla is up for grabs! a baseball hat signed by the 2004 squad!! now dont all rush at once. i knew we were hard up but but this is crazy, how about a bootsale in the west stand car park where they can flog everything they dont need anymore? they must be really going down the back of there desks and looking in dusty draws to see what toot they can flog! Can just see Pardew and Murray doing a step toe and son looking forthings they can flog, overweight talented irishmen and top english goal scorers! Pardew does a touch of the wilfred Brambles about him!! they grey stuble and barnet...

Comments

• Options
    "Harold!!!!".....
  • Options
    Adam, you obviously have not read the whole story. I suggest you do.
  • Options
    You dirty old man!!!!
  • Options
    Im sure it will go there plenty of Anoraks who will Orgasm over this
  • Options
    LOL!! Palace are actually having boot sales at their ground - i saw an advert for it on the bus the other day!
  • Options
    It'll be a pair of Henry's solied pants next.....

No, I won't be bidding.....
  • Options
    here's a link....

scroll down a bit

Palace Pikeys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]It'll be a pair of Henry's solied pants next.....

No, I won't be bidding.....

You couldn't afford them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Adam, you obviously have not read the whole story. I suggest you do.

I can't access the OS (must be signing a player!) What does it say Large?
  • Options
    they do indeed se10 a real motley crew of church feters in there,palace caps with badges on,tracksuit bottom pulled up to the chest and a pair of brogue shoes on is the norm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Adam, you obviously have not read the whole story. I suggest you do.

A fella from Wrexham won it back in the day and has decided to give it back to the club so they can auction it for Demelza rather than him trying to sell it and keeping the cash.
  • Options
    this is your grandads team i tell my daughter when we were there,she smiled .
  • Options
    Large addick, yeah good on the bloke for doing that and hes a wrexham fan so must be gutted at the moment, its a shame the club dont do it for all the other toot they flog on ebay, if they said every item went to charity then i would defo put a bid in but if its to keep pards in armani suits and buy new hair dryers for the dessing room then it aint for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

A fella from Wrexham won it back in the day and has decided to give it back to the club so they can auction it for Demelza rather than him trying to sell it and keeping the cash.

Thanks, can't see the problem with raising money for charity or with selling stuff off for whatever reason. What's the difference from selling something in the shop for £9.99 or selling something on e-bay for whatever price it reaches. It's just business.

Some people like it so they buy it, some don't so they don't. Bit like replica shirts or programmes. Fans can get their hands on items that they might otherwise not be able to find and the club gets little bit of extra cash. Would we prefer that they threw all the items in the bin?

The club do provide free signed shirts and balls to charities as Valley McCoist will hopefully confirm so it's not all greed, greed, greed.

Which reminds me. Charlton Park Riding School for the Disabled have a signed ball they want to raise funds with. Any ideas/bids?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Large addick, yeah good on the bloke for doing that and hes a wrexham fan so must be gutted at the moment, its a shame the club dont do it for all the other toot they flog on ebay, if they said every item went to charity then i would defo put a bid in but if its to keep pards in armani suits and buy new hair dryers for the dessing room then it aint for me.

That doesn't make any sense. It's all toot which you'd buy it if it was for charity but not for the club.

I take it you boycott all other club merchandise on the same principal
  • Options
    adam if you saw the state of pards armani suit i think you might think on,he is also down to hes last boss shirt now.
  • Options
    Henry, i do mate. i havnt bought anything from the new 'superstore' when i was a kid i loved the old club shop, it had a smell that ive never smelled anywhere else not a bad one mind, remeber going in every night after school waiting for the new quazer kits to come out. I hate the superstore with a passion mate, im sorry if others disagree. the last shirt i bought was the mesh le coq sportif home shirt. i have a scarffe from years ago its half red half blue if u remeber those ones. im not slagging of chairty or improvments its just that evey other week they stick somthing up for auction, why not just have one big auction night, charge £20 notes to attend players and ex players ect all the money goes to dmazeila i would get a ticket and no doubt walk away with somthing shite. Charity is important i have done events in the past for mencap and charlton park school as i said early on the hoddle v mclaren vote my sister is disabled so i do as much as i can for chairty, but as for mechindise and stuff i just dont belive in it, sorry mate.
  • Options
    Fair enough Adam, can't say I buy much in the shop either but can't see the problem with selling stuff. That's what any business does.

The usual complaint is that there isn't enough stuff to buy or that the queues to spend money in the shop is too long.

Just look at the threads about when is the new shirt coming? (soon come, very soon come everyone) and you can see some people like buying stuff and ebay only exists because there is a demand.

The auction night is a good idea but not everyone would want to do that so e-bay is just another option.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite] if its to keep pards in armani suits and buy new hair dryers for the dessing room then it aint for me.

There weren't any hairdryers in the dressing (changing??) rooms the last time I looked...!

In fact, I had to borrow Maria's.