Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Other popular sports you dislike...

Comments

• Options
    Rugby Union

Golf

American Football

F1 tyre changing

Any made up wrestling/boxing sports

Any "extreame" sports

Three day eventing/dressage
  • Options
    golf
  • Options
    Motor Sports
    Tennis
    Dressage (if you can call horse ballet a sport)
  • Options
    Anything to do with horses and F1. I'll watch any other sport rather than the likes of Jeremy (I am a concieted twat) Kyle and cookery programmes, oh and of course BB, that the missus likes to watch.
  • Options
    American Footy
    NAscar agreed what is teh point driving in circles
  • Options
    Any athletics, whether it be someone running in a straight line for 100 metres (whats the point unless they are chasing a ball?) or throwing something quite far, find the olympics very boring personally also what is the point of some of the sports in the olympics? Volleyball?? just an excuse to give a tiny bit of glory to some minor sports
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Surprised to see a number of you including Rugby Union.
    This game has gone through quite a few rule changes over the last couple of decades which allows the game to flow far more and it's now much more entertaining.These guys are super fit athletes nowadays and tough as nails to boot.
    Suggest a few of you go along and watch a live international match (Twickenham is fantastic I may add), you may just have a rethink and come away realising it's one hell of a spectacle and sport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Surprised to see a number of you including Rugby Union.
    This game has gone through quite a few rule changes over the last couple of decades which allows the game to flow far more and it's now much more entertaining.These guys are super fit athletes nowadays and tough as nails to boot.
    Suggest a few of you go along and watch a live international match (Twickenham is fantastic I may add), you may just have a rethink and come away realising it's one hell of a spectacle and sport.

Are you Medder's doppelganger?
  • Options
    Well if I am, is that good or bad BFR?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Surprised to see a number of you including Rugby Union.

No, it's a tedious, over hyped, slog that no one ever watches outside of a few international games every year and in which there is almost zero interest if England aren't winning.

Of course they had to change the rules (which no one, even the commentators understand) as it was even more boring before.

Ballet dancers and gymnasts are super fit but it does make watching them interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Philistine!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Philistine!

I find Rugby and especially Union monotonous, slow, predictable and in every way inferior to football. As a sport it is so up it's own arse about how good it is but no one likes it or takes any interest unless England are playing and winning in a tournament.

The scoring system means that one player, the kicker, wins or loses most games on his own and only around 6 countries play it to any real standard.

How that makes me a 5th century BC Syrian tribesman I'm not clear but that's what watching too much egg chasing does to you I suppose.
  • Options
    philistines,a tribe no longer.intresting,i find the estrucans intresting,the celts used to kick there ass big time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]philistines,a tribe no longer.intresting,i find the estrucans intresting,the celts used to kick there ass big time.

more a Samaritans fan myself.
  • Options
    If you have played the sport the rules are a lot clearer, to be honest I can understand why people don't like it.

Me, I love it used to keep an interest in the domestic game but not much anymore
  • Options
    never had the numbers sadly,great horsemen,done alot of subbing to other tribes.
  • Options
    Like a medievel SKANSKA
  • Options
    indeed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If you have played the sport the rules are a lot clearer, to be honest I can understand why people don't like it.

Me, I love it used to keep an interest in the domestic game but not much anymore

Very good point Carter.

As an amateur sport historically most of the spectators play or played Rugby Union.

Professionalism has given the game a greater exposure so that will change as time goes on.

Henry, even in the old amateur days the rugby boys whupped the footballers in superstars so your comment about "being inferior in every way" is incorrect in my view.

Also who sings the National Anthem better?:-)
  • Options
    I know making the sport proffesional has only improved it but do you ever wish for the days when the national side was filled with solicitors, plumbers, RAF fighter pilots etc?

True patriots, uncomparable in football I'm afraid to say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Tennis - Reminds me of all the miserable old bags in our office who never take any sport seriously and then for just two weeks of the year go mad over Wimledon. I can just imagine them watching their teles on their incredibly dull days off going "come on Tiger Tim" or whoever their latest English hope is. It's because of them that I always want home grown tennis players to fail.

Egg Rolling - a passtime for fat boys and cheats. Webb-Ellis, if there's any truth in the story, should have beed suspended from school (or a lamp post) for cheating.

Golf - I've played a couple of times and it was quite fun. What I can't abide is seeing it on tv. If I wanted to look at clouds I'd go out in my back yard and look up. Also, all that etiquette and snobbery that's attached to it, it's Pathetic.

Formula 1 - I can't take this seriously as a sport until they are all driving round in identical motors. There's no way of really knowing who the best driver is. All you can say for certain is who is the best driver for any given team.
  • Options
    philistines,a tribe no longer.intresting,i find the estrucans intresting,the celts used to kick there ass big time.

I've never been into sport that involves animal cruelty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I know making the sport proffesional has only improved it but do you ever wish for the days when the national side was filled with solicitors, plumbers, RAF fighter pilots etc?

True patriots, uncomparable in football I'm afraid to say

And in those days England were crap as selection was often a matter of whether you had gone to the right sort of school or not.
  • Options
    Ah, superstars! Those were the days.

But who used to win it. Not the rugby players if I remember and in any case I was making the point that the game of football is superior to rugger in every way. Of course some big lummox whose only job is to stick his head up the backside of the one of his teammates and push all game will be stronger than a finely tuned artist with delicate football skils, such as Stanley Bowles, but we all know which we'd rather watch play.
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

And in those days England were crap as selection was often a matter of whether you had gone to the right sort of school or not.

My point exactly. A sport that has just got itself out of the 19th century and whose major attraction is that the players, rather than being focused on the task ahead of them, sing the national anthem in the manner of a drunked rugby club delivering vulgar rugger songs.

And it has to raid Rubgy league for it's best players and coaches to even compete.

It's a minority sport like lacrosse or tennis. Good luck to those who like to play it but don't try and pretend anyone really cares.
  • Options
    Rugby Union - CRAP.

I don't mind Rugby League though.

Hockey - Girls game.

I like most other sports.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Rugby Union - CRAP.

I don't mind Rugby League though.

Hockey - Girls game.

I like most other sports.

Rugby league does seem to be played by real men who play a more exciting, moving game with more tackles, skill and speed which is why union is alway stealing their players.

Indoor League. Now that was real sport for men.
  • Options
    rugby
    snooker
    yank football
    cricket
    fishing!! (not a sport)
  • Options
    I forgot ice hockey and basketball.

Both great games to play, no doubt, but ice hockey is too fast to see whats actually going on, and in basketball is too easy to score. The beauty of football is the rarity of "getting it right" and actually scoring a goal.

I like field hockey, because I used to play, but as a TV sport the same applies as to ice hockey.
  • Options
    Watched some of the Cricket today utterly boring sent me back to sleep ZZZZZZZ.
  • Options
    I love my cricket but can see your argument over the longer form of the game at domestic level.

The 50 people that turn out for Derbyshire v Glamorgan on a wet n windy day in May must be a bit barking, but Test matches and any one day game are good fun.

Im going to Essex v Kent at Chelmsford in a couple of weeks for 20/20