Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephen Carr

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
On a free to us according to the Observer.

Comments

• Options
    same report in the news of the world regarding Stephen Carr
  • Options
    Was a great attacking fullback for the Spuds, has had a lot of injuries the last few seasons and it will interesting to see how he performs at our level (if it is true)
  • Options
    go for it
  • Options
    can't see it personally wages would be very still and there would be lesser teams in the premiership who may be very keen to capture his services and the attraction of premiership football would certainly appeal to any player regardless which team
  • Options
    Bolton and West Ham are both interested in him aswell, as said above...he'll end up at one of the lesser teams in the prem.
  • Options
    dunno who i'd rather....him on halford
  • Options
    Yassin :-(
  • Options
    Halford reported back with the rest of the first team for fitness assesment this week so I would imagine he will be signing in one form or another
  • Options
    Poor form, probably.
  • Options
    I really do not want to see more cast-off Prem League players on (by CCC standard) stupid wages, particularly those in the final years of their career. That may help a promotion challenge but it won't build the foundations for a squad that can have some fighting chance of survival in the Prem if we do go up.
    To achieve that we need to take a more patient approach, blooding the best youngsters we have (and we some good ones, some we have seen in the first team and some still waiting to take their bow) and spending what money we have cherry picking FL players that stand some chance of being progressive.
    I really do not want to see Halford come back or Carr arrive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]I really do not want to see more cast-off Prem League players on (by CCC standard) stupid wages, particularly those in the final years of their career. That may help a promotion challenge but it won't build the foundations for a squad that can have some fighting chance of survival in the Prem if we do go up.
    To achieve that we need to take a more patient approach, blooding the best youngsters we have (and we some good ones, some we have seen in the first team and some still waiting to take their bow) and spending what money we have cherry picking FL players that stand some chance of being progressive.
    I really do not want to see Halford come back or Carr arrive.

I agree with a lot of that but i don't think Pards will give much thought to a squad that can stay in the Prem. As this season showed, we need a squad to get us up first, by any style necessary, and worry later about staying there.
  • Options
    I'm sure you're right (and that the vast majority of managers would do likewise). Can but hope.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Gallagher[/cite]Halford reported back with the rest of the first team for fitness assesment this week so I would imagine he will be signing in one form or another

Are they really back already? it's a hard life!
  • Options
    Only for their fitness assesment check - then they go back on holiday.

As you say, it's a hard life.

;o)
  • Options
    I believe that Halford is going to be signed on a one year contract. As for Carr, well I suspect that this is a story to try and put pressure on Halford/his agent/Sunderland to conclude a deal. I doubt Carr will fit the bill for us - too injury prone and old.
  • Options
    Young Pacy fb's fplz. ,maybe he's better than what we've got but fb isn't where the money's needed .
  • Options
    Murray has denied we are interested in Carr in the SLP.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Murray has denied we are interested in Carr in the SLP.

Yep, thats what I thought.