Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray: Bent will return to Charlton (SLP story)

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=8616

Comments

• Options
    comes back straight on the transfer list
  • Options
    Who are the others to be placed on the transfer list? Faye, M Bent, but who else?
  • Options
    Jon F?
  • Options
    If i didn't dislike Marcus so much, i'd say he has been treated pretty shabbily by Wigan...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]If i didn't dislike Marcus so much, i'd say he has been treated pretty shabbily by Wigan...

My heart bleds

They have Heskey, King and Camara so maybe they don't think they need him

He's proved he can make and score goals at this level again so maybe this will work in our favour. Another team may be willing to give us a little bit more cash than Wigan were offering.

One of the promoted sides or Sunderland perhaps.

Didn't Curbs buy Marcus? Straight swap for Mullins perhaps : - )
  • Options
    the thing with benty is, he is a good player, but he has to be one of the most arrogant players around, if he buckled down he could storm the championship with 20 plus goals but he just thinks he is better than he is ala Jerome, if they knuckled down and stoped chasing birds from hollyoaks they would be top players. i could see someone like stoke or hull coming in for him so woulod take the money and run on that one, its a shame tho.
  • Options
    I think its going to be au revoir to Bent, Faye, Thomas, Fortune and a few periphery players. We need to drastically cull the glut of couldnt give a monkeys players in the squad.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The key sentence in all of this for me is "He started his spell with the Latics in superb form, but did not score in his last 18 games for the club."

Isn't that what the fans of just about EVERY club he has played for say? It can't be coincidence then surely? The man clearly has some sort of attitude and/or motivational problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Isn't that what the fans of just about EVERY club he has played for say? It can't be coincidence then surely? The man clearly has some sort of attitude and/or motivational problem.

Except us, he started with one goal and stumbled along after that. maybe he will realise that he is not as great as he thinks and will knuckle down with us score a shed load of goals at this level and be transferred to a struggling Prem club in Jnauary for £2 mill
  • Options
    If Marcus Bent does return then he has something to prove to Wigan and to us. In this division he could score 15-20 goals, then again he could sulk and demand a transfer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]the thing with benty is

Can we please not call him Benty. I reserve that for Darren, and look upon it fondly.

I really don't want to associate the two under the same banner.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    my suggestion for markus is Overated Underpurforming Party Loving Celeb Wanna Be ------ has a certain ring to it. or how about Twaty Bent ?
  • Options
    Don't you all think you're being too harsh on Benty?

I think the boy will come good if given a decent run of games.
  • Options
    about 18?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The key sentence in all of this for me is "He started his spell with the Latics in superb form, but did not score in his last 18 games for the club."

Isn't that what the fans of just about EVERY club he has played for say? It can't be coincidence then surely? The man clearly has some sort of attitude and/or motivational problem.

Spot on. I just hope that the William Large Testicles that he is won't affect morale around the training ground. Lets hope that Stoke will go for him - they deserve one another.