Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone Fancy a New Job

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Must be able to reed and rite

Press Officer

Comments

• Options
    Valley M you mentioned few days back about a coach from Eltham to Brighton, did you ever get a coach from the old well Hall station to South End on a Friday would be about 73/74 ish ?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Valley M you mentioned few days back about a coach from Eltham to Brighton, did you ever get a coach from the old well Hall station to South End on a Friday would be about 73/74 ish ?

I didn't go on a coach to Southend on a Friday night but I remember going on the train where everyone met at Eltham Well Hall Station. That would have been about 1974/75.

Regarding the coach to Brighton, that went from London. We met in a pub close to the post office tower.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Must be able to reed and rite

Press Officer

The Granuaid, why am I not surprised!!!
  • Options
    Valley M. We went on coach came back on the train. Some ofthose friendships still there today forged on the train journey back.

That nite it was CAFC against Millwall/West Ham and Southend.
  • Options
    has someone left then ? Can't see us being able to create new posts at this present time.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Jeanette Earl, who was the club's press officer (and did an outstanding job), left last month after 10 years. Her deputy had left a month earlier.

The Friday night coach to Southend was the one that got smashed up during the game and its replacement eventually left about midnight (from memory).