Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Managerial Cup 1st rnd: Paul Ince vs Jim Gannon

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Paul Ince is everyone’s flavour of the month at the moment. Having guided Macclesfield out of League 2 relegation, he switched to MK Dons where he led them to promotion and Wembley success in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.

Jim Gannon has trod a similar managerial path in League 2. Initially given the caretaker role in 05/06, he was made permanent manager after turning results round. Guided them out of relegation, and in 06/07 missed out on the play-offs on goal difference. Went better in 07/08, successfully winning the play-offs.

Both managers are young and ambitious, both oversaw sides that play decent football. Ince is the recognisable name, but how much is he looking for a club to take on, or a stepping stone to the top ?

Comments

• Options
    I want the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, so went with Ince.
  • Options
    Ince would be able to attract players that want to play for him, he was probably a poster on the walls of many of the young players now. But yep we'd just be a stepping stone untill a big job came up, i'm happy to be used!
  • Options
    Ince has the name and the reputation, but Charlton would only ever be a stepping stone, when a bigger club comes in he'll be off. Gannon might be a bit better suited to our needs and if successful would hang around.
  • Options
    I would pick INce and he would see how much bite is missing from midfield and teach them all to tackle