Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kinsella signs new one-year deal

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
I'm delighted to sign a new contract. The club is very important to me, first as a player, and now as a coach.

"I've really enjoyed my first full year as a coach, the reserves were very unlucky not to win the league and hopefully we can go one step better next season.

"Helping so many youngsters progress from the reserves to first-team football has been really pleasing.

"You could even include Chris Dickson in that and then there were the kids who went out on loan and did really well. Aswad Thomas got his first taste of league football at Accrington Stanley and Josh Wright got the young player of the year award at Barnet which was a great accolade for him.

"The investment in youth is really starting to pay off. The U18s reached the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup and at one point the midfield in the last game of the season against Coventry City included Grant Basey, Jonjo Shelvey and Scott Wagstaff. It shows the manager's not afraid to throw the kids in if they're good enough."

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32480&newstype=n

Comments

• Options
    good news
  • Options
    Good to hear that.
  • Options
    great charlton legend .great news
  • Options
    He says some nice things in that os interview
    and he had a really good first year with the reserves
    i could see him stepping up to be involved with the first team sooner rather than later
    i wouldn't mind that at all.
  • Options
    he must be odds on to replace pards (at some stage)
  • Options
    Or Parky?
  • Options
    Or Powelly??
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Am I right in saying he would have had the job of telling some youngsters that they were being released and not being offered a contract?
    He's such a pleasant man, I just couldn't see him having to do what is consideded to be the worst job in football, that of telling young lads their dream is over.
    If he did have to, I wonder how he coped with it?
  • Options
    Kinsella is a god !!! A man who cares for the club. Love to see that passed on to our youngsters.
  • Options
    I'm surprised he wasn't offered a longer contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]I'm surprised he wasn't offered a longer contract

He may well of been, but wanted the flexibility.

He is only a reserve team manager, i don't think contracts are really that important to be honest.
  • Options
    or perhaps its something to do with the 2 year plan, big upheaval at the end of next season if we go up or stay down I reckon.
  • Options
    Good point, Raz.

Everything is geared up to the watershed of where we are in a year's time.