Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Managerial Cup 1st rnd: Simon Grayson vs Phil Parkinson

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Simon 'Larry' Grayson moved up from Blackpool reserve team coach to Caretaker Manager after the departure of Colin Hendry in 2005. After guiding them away from relegation, he was given the role permenently in 2006 and led them to third in the league, before winning the play-off final and promotion. He successfully maintained their Championship status, and is now looking to make the next step up in his career.

Phil Parkinson needs no introduction to Charlton fans having been Alan Pardew's assistant since Jan 07. His managerial career has seen him lead Colchester away from relelgation in League 1 in 2003, before leading them to promotion in 05-06 on a shoestring budget and the lowest average attendance of the division. His move to Hull proved ill-fated, and he left by mutual consent in less than 6 months. Since then Phil has worked hard as Pardew's assistant. Not only is he keen to get back on the managerial ladder, but is best placed out of the candidates on offer to provide some form of continuity.

REMEMBER: You are voting on who out of the two on offer you would prefer to be Charlton manager.

Comments

• Options
    grayson for me cos parky's got that good no.2 crap no.1 feel about him a bit like brian kidd
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Unfortunately the continuity card seems to be a poisoned chalice much more than it is a golden opportunity.
  • Options
    I voted for Grayson.

I like Parkinson, and think he'll be a decent manager. I just feel that sometimes when a change is made, sometimes a new broom is the best approach.
  • Options
    Grayson for me - he seems to be able to bring out the best in limited players, and got Blackpool playing with a bit of style. Can't really work Parky out, and he certainly didn't hack it as a number one at Hull.
  • Options
    I voted Grayson, purely because when assistants have taken over in the past the results seem to have gone down hill rapidly, look at Sammy Lee.
  • Options
    Tough one, Parkinson offers continuity, but Grayson has been more successful as a manager.
  • Options
    went for Parkinson. Although that is making an assumption that pards walked rather than was pushed.