Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

national pride at the EUROS

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Well they are really loved by their "adopted" countries aint they?

Roy Keen calling Mick macarthy "an English c**t" Not a racist statement tho.

Apparently not, you know you cant be racially discriminated against as an Englishman, we dont exist dont you know.
    I wait with baited breath for Capello in pigeon English to call Hargreaves a Canadian twat.
  • Options
    ah was it the local elections? She won the bi election when Guy Barnet died, against Deidre someone or other, I grew up over that way/lived there till 25ish (point hill)
  • Options
    My son is born in Canada, two English parents - should he (ahem) follow in his father's footsteps & become a world class footballer - would there be a problem with him playing for England?
  • Options
    good point Graeme, they should tighten the rules though, who was that fella playing for serbia or somewhere cos his girlfriend or wife was serbian, or was it bosnian?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]good point Graeme, they should tighten the rules though, who was that fella playing for serbia or somewhere cos his girlfriend or wife was serbian, or was it bosnian?

you dont mean Eduardo Da Silva? was 15 when he moved to Croatia from Brazil?

personally i think the limit should be parents. all this Grandparents stuff is crap?
  • Options
    no some other player who perhaps wants to play for bosnia cos his girlfriends from there, I forget who
  • Options
    Unless the original point is tongue and cheek I really don't see the problem. I'm English first and Scottish second - the old man is a jock - If I was only good enough to play for Scotland rather than England I probably would (I know some others wouldn't but I probably would) - Then if I happened to score the winner int he last minute at Wembley against England I'd probably find it difficult to go bananas.

IMO it's a personal thing and showing respect for how you feel about your heritage, whatever that may be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]no some other player who perhaps wants to play for bosnia cos his girlfriends from there, I forget who

Nathan Ellington, now how Bosnian is he??
  • Options
    that famous englishman Greg Rudeski.