Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thamesmead Festival

DA9DA9
edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
This is a surprisingly good day out, went last year, Showaddywaddy (sic) on stage were fantastic for us oldies, Charlton involvement, but take your own folding chairs and beer, expensive otherwise

http://www.trustthamesmead.co.uk/festival/

Comments

• Options
    Alright E

Whose playing this year?

Lets hope its not Chico again!!!!
  • Options
    Hello fella, Hot Chocolate this year mate...LOL
  • Options
    I might just go for the bumper cars then!!
  • Options
    Already planning my cool box intake and chairs as we speak, nice little turn out from some regulars at the Cutty Sark that you know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I might just go for the bumper cars then!!
    Is that Hot Chocolate minus Errol Brown?
  • Options
    DA9 mate you do know its on the 12th July ?
  • Options
    I do....suitable colours will be worn
  • Options
    there is never any good reason to go to thamesmead
  • Options
    ha ha might go along for this live across the road but never been

Hope the gangs dont ruin it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ha ha might go along for this live across the road but never been

Hope the gangs dont ruin it

I went, but under pressure from er indoors last year, due to that side of things, but was pleasantly surprised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great might make teh huge 5 minute journey over
  • Options
    Mark 'Brighty' Bright's missus will be perfoming.
  • Options
    Anyone going, there is an event on Facebook for those interested.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    well went over

all seemed well all having a great time.
    a certain dance group come on all Yoof of 99.9% of a cetain ethnic origin come rushing to the stage
    It kicks off (SHOCK) after there performance and the next act is on stage
    I have a daughter or 10 and nephew of 9 in there as well as a daughter and neice of 13 so i go in to get them.

old bill standing there like plums OK as at footy they only go in when asked BUT..

There were kids , familes and disabled all enjoying the performance

It went off local gangs and what i have found out Cherry Orchard

Now i spotted groups of youths from the moment we arrived and said to the mrs its going to go off you can just tell

When it went off i went to OB said can you do somethimg there are kids and familes in there

This MUG shrugged his shoulder and said what can i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that i went off on one to him and other OB around me looked at me like im alien and i was threatened figure that out gangs can kill each other i protect children and i get threatened

Mrs pulled me away before i was arrested figure that s**t out!!!!!!!! protecting kids not only mine and dragging them out of the conflict

I told them you better do something or it will get nasty mark my words i hope you dont have to deal with blood shed tonight.

With that we rounded our group of 15 plus up and left with many other families.

Got home called the police to complain

Details were taken and a promise of a call from the duty sargent. ....... to my shock within 10 minutes he was on the phone top man knew were i was coming from and thanked me for the call and promised action and agreed it was bad and that despite local secuirty running the show officers should have shown common sense and said it would be mentioned at the debriefing

Also said police from 4 police stations were on route to deal with trouble with that we noticed that no music was being played.as you can here it from my house

So thanks to the local gangs a good day out ruined.
    Thanks to OB its not rocket science i could see trouble brewing the minute i arrived.

to PC plum i hope you enjoy washing the blood of your uniform tonight i just hope its not a child or a disabled person who was close to you.

Sorry for spelling but 3 hours later im still fuming and shaking in anger so have had a drink.
  • Options
    Mate sorry about ur day out. Hope the kids and family are all ok.

I think though we should build a Peace Tent in Woolwich and invite all the poor poor "ethnic gangs" (what does that mean) to a meeting where we all sing KumBa Ya My Lord . Every one who comes gets a nice new £10 note and a letter from Harriet Harperson to say thank you for contributing to the local community.

PS So thats the end of the Thamesmead festival. sad.
  • Options
    been told 1 stabbed
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you had a bad time 'lb' and also hope your family are ok, but I should say, that this is not how I saw it pan out at all.

Spot on about everyone having a great time up until later in the day, but to say that a sudden rush of youths happened, to see the group 'Myztikal', is not correct. There was a considerable delay as a result of one of the bigger name groups not being ready and Myztical came on earlier than planned to assist in the running order, the majority of the crowd around the stage area were already in place and to be honest were mostly young girls.

I have to say that I have no idea about the gang thing as I am not from round that area, so perhaps I'm being a bit naive in saying that I saw no evidence of it. But the trouble stemmed from the right hand side of the stage as you looked at it. It 'kicked off' because of what appeared to be a family argument fuelled by booze and no, the family in question were not of the ethnic group that might be suggested. From what I could see and then was told afterwards, this argument which happened during the set of 'Booty Luv', caused some pushing and shoving, which the people in front of them obviously took exception to and the scuffle escalated.

A small group of Police/Security came in but did not seem to be able to control things and it did take a few more minutes before more arrived to sort things out and drag out whoever was involved. Booty Luv decided to postpone their set, leaving a silent stage.

Order was restored but in truth the atmosphere of the day had disappeared as many people decided to leave at that point, possibly thinking that the festival would be ended and also possibly afraid of any further problems. There was a gap of about ten to fifteen minutes as calm was restored and re-organisation behind the scenes took place, before Michelle Gayle came on as billed to do her set and with Moni Tiyony finishing proceedings, the Festival ended somewhat muted, but peacefully and on time at about 8.00pm.

No idea about this stabbing but there was no record of it before I left at about 9.00pm and I haven't heard anything about it since.
  • Options
    Done a reply wonder were it went? So here is a shortened version

Id mention it was after the dancers but that is who they all come rushing to the front to see.

I have found out since it was it was something to do with the drunk family as you say so I start sort of corrected but that was a excuse for the youth so start on each other as I had to push 2 out the way who were pushing each other waiting for one to make the first move.

It was any excuse to go off IMHO

Police were there but standing at the sides doing nothing that’s why I approached them, I really don’t care that it was security running things and they step in when asked, as I had 3 wheelchair bound people near me and plenty of kids mine included, common sense should have been used even if it was to step in and help move the wheelchair bound people and usher kids out the way and leave the security to deal with the aggro

The stabbing happened when the gangs were leaving and happened in a side street.

Knowing the climate we live in even if it was not them but the drunks that started it does not stop weapons being used