Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

YASSIN TIME!!!

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
CHARLTON hope to complete the transfer of Stuart Fleetwood in days - but they won’t move for Sunderland’s Greg Halford.

The Addicks are almost certain to sign Forest Green Rovers hitman Fleetwood, despite Marcus Bent returning after his proposed move to Wigan broke down.

But the club will not try to sign right-back Halford permanently after he returned to Premier League side Sunderland following a four-month loan spell at The Valley.

Reports this week had suggested that the former Colchester and Reading right-back was poised for a £500,000 switch to Charlton but it is thought that Yassin Moutaouakil will be first choice next season.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=8775
-------------

Best news I have heard all summer!~ Please be true.

Comments

• Options
    if true it will show our intent on playin football rather than just playin the aimless 60 yard pass punt
  • Options
    i wouldn't read too much into it, no offence to the SLP who posts on here, but the bulk of their South London exclusives of late seemed to haveoriginated either off here or the main Palace forum.
  • Options
    As I understand it Pards Favours a Moutakill/Youga Full back pairing next season well at least this week anyway :-)
  • Options
    best news of pre season so far!
  • Options
    good news

Not sure about Fleetwood though
  • Options
    I expect I'll get flamed for this but here I go anyway!!

Motokil & Youga are overrated IMO.

Tactically very naive and not great at defending. Youga seems intent on blasting the ball as far as possible and rarely connects cleanly

Good athleticism but defending needs a lot of work (moreso Motokil)
  • Options
    One thing about lower league/non-league players .......they are hungry to take their chance.
    Think Kinsella, Robinson in the past and Luke Varney recently.

Even the much maligned McLeod probably fecked up because he was trying to hard.
  • Options
    AFKA,

Just a quick response to you saying that my recent SLP stories come either from this website or the Palace messageboard.

Obviously I read the forum, like most fans of the club do, but any story I write is not based on rumour or conjecture, but from information that I receive from club sources.

Obviously some of them do not want to go on the record but because I have built up a relationship with them, they are happy to let me know what is going on behind the scenes.

I know that most people when they pick up a paper or read on a website that a reporter "understands" something will think they are just having a guess, but it is something I try to avoid, if only to ensure I don't look like an idiot if nothing comes of it.

As a football fan, there is nothing I hate more than the summer period when every player under the sun gets linked to my club, only for us to sign very few of them, so I conciously attempt to avoid linking a player to Charlton unless I know that there is something in it.

Anyway, I'll stop boring you all now and I'll see you at Welling for the first pre-season game.

Cheers,

Rob
  • Options
    Swisdom i am with you mate i dont get the Moots bit i saw promise in Youga at the begining but made mistakes (who dont) Yassin i don not rate too lightweight for a full back,

Very Quick = yes

Over lapps= sometimes

Good Crosser = not IMO didnt see too many crosses that were decent

Tackling = bit of a pussy TBH

Postioning = Ok
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Swisdom i am with you mate i dont get the Moots bit i saw promise in Youga at the begining but made mistakes (who dont) Yassin i don not rate too lightweight for a full back,

Very Quick = yes

Over lapps= sometimes

Good Crosser = not IMO didnt see too many crosses that were decent

Tackling = bit of a pussy TBH

Postioning = Ok

But apart from all that.....he has a great surname!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True
  • Options
    All I would say is that it's a bit of a coincidence that the spell where we had Youga and Moot2 playing what the spell when we actually looked a decent side and played football rather than just hoofing it up from the back.
  • Options
    No doubt that going forward Yassin is a threat but a defender needs to defend even if a team is scoring loads of goals (which we dont). I will be happy to come on here and say i am wrong cos i thought he was cracking the first time i saw him but then i thought Racon was a class above away to Palarse but what happend to him.

I just hope we are not relying on Yassin to be too much defensivly cos imo he isnt good enough
  • Options
    You can learn how to defend. Luke Young was sublimely awful at position/defending in general the first few years he played for us. But look what he grew into.

Think Moots has all the natural ability to be a great player for us if he's sent in the right direction.
  • Options
    I think sometimes we forget that a year in the life of these young players is a fair amount of time and they should be making progress all the time. None of them are the finished article but they all have huge potential especially Moo2 and youga. Sometimes we are a bit too quick to jump on their backs. If we sold either of them and three years time when they've matured and are playing international football imagine the outcry. I'd much rather have these players who can progress than older ones who will only regress.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]You can learn how to defend. Luke Young was sublimely awful at position/defending in general the first few years he played for us. But look what he grew into.

Think Moots has all the natural ability to be a great player for us if he's sent in the right direction.

But then it comes down to the coaching - and by Pards' own admittance, even Scunthorpe are better at that than us :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Motokil & Youga are overrated IMO.

i agree with you swisdom, will be disappointed if halford doesn't sign
  • Options
    Halford should be our midfield breaker

MOO-TOO-KILL

Should be given a chance, prove he is not a bottler and will be a legend, he can't do that overnight though

Worth remembering a lot of the players Wenger signs appear to be only good atheletes then turn into world class footballers. Might be a bad comparison Pardew to Wenger but you know what I mean!