Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Managerial Cup 1st rnd: Mark Bowen vs Colin Calderwood

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Upon leaving us as a player, Mark Bowen has gone on to become a very well respected No2 with firstly Steve Bruce and secondly Mark Hughes. Has followed Hughes to Man City, but the chance to take the manager's job at a club he knows well may prove to strong a pull.

Colin Calderwood took Northampton to promotion before moving to Forest, where after a disappointing campaign, he followed up by taking them to promotion to the Championship. Ambitious, and though record isn't glamourous, may need convincing that Charlton is now a step up from Forest.

Comments

• Options
    When do we get to the finals? THis is going on for ever!
  • Options
    tell me about it !

two more 1st rnd ties on monday, 1/4s next week, and the final the week after.

Was done really to run side by side with the Euros
  • Options
    Anway, who did you vote for, and why ?
  • Options
    mark bowen ...better the devil you know as kylie might say/sing
  • Options
    Mark Bowen simply for Wembley!!!!
  • Options
    I love this. Are you going to produce a bracket (sorry think that is an Americanism) to see who beat who?

I picked Bowen, I think he was always a clever footballer, and has had a excellent career as a coach. Trouble is will he be the next Phil Brown or the next Sammy Lee?
  • Options
    Mark Bowen because he's such a thoroughly nice fellow.
  • Options
    as a thanks for 98 and to see what he has learnt from sparky
  • Options
    I voted Calderwood simply because he already has managerial experience and much as I like Bowen it would be a bigger gamble imo.
  • Options
    Mark Bowen, good coaching credentials ahead of Calderwood's more managerial experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Calderwood, purely because he is an established (more than Bow anyway) gaffer.
  • Options
    Calderwood has the experience and get the vote because of it, despite my irrational distrust of anyone called Colin.