Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bugle Wednesday 25th June

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
I see there is a Darts match on there next week with a team of Charlton Veterans taking on the Bugle Ladies Darts Team... which coudl be quite amusing. The list of veterans had amongst them, Theo Foley, John Bumstead, Colin Walsh, Brian Kinsey, Mark Penfold, Steve Gritt along with a few others. For Colin Walshs testimonal.

Comments

• Options
    i thought the bugle didn't care about charlton?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i thought the bugle didn't care about charlton?

No, just it's supporters. You know, the ones that actually provide it with a bit of business!
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I see there is a Darts match on there next week with a team of Charlton Veterans taking on the Bugle Ladies Darts Team... which coudl be quite amusing. The list of veterans had amongst them, Theo Foley, John Bumstead, Colin Walsh, Brian Kinsey, Mark Penfold, Steve Gritt along with a few others. For Colin Walshs testimonal.

Short walk for Theo, he only lives around the corner from the Fox Under The Hill
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i thought the bugle didn't care about charlton?

No, just it's supporters. You know, the ones that actually provide it with a bit of business!

Have i missed something here? It's a pub in Charlton, why wouldn't it care about Charlton fans?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Exactly, the landlord is a bit of a tit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Have i missed something here? It's a pub in Charlton, why wouldn't it care about Charlton fans?

Mainly because the landlord is a fat mill supporting wanker.
  • Options
    and because of the pure contempt he showed known charlton people who didnt have a season ticket at the palarse game which resulted in loads of us leaving there and moving on because he wouldnt let the others in

fat bstd
  • Options
    Been invited to a football awards do there Saturday night, dont think I'll bother now.
  • Options
    Well i would say Lee has never said a bad word about charlton whenever i've been in there. Tho i can imagine on match days when the stress levels are high he is rude. I dont think you can be a charlton hater when you have a pub in the area as long as he has. He's always advertising charlton televised games.

Take into account he gets a heavy handed visit from the police whenever there is a high security game coming up. He told us of the three matches last season that the police came in to speak to him about. Im not sticking up for his rudeness by the way as he was out of order but calling him a wanker etc bit ott in my book.

I would say its overloaded with Chelsea fans that drink in there but you get all teams fans drinking in there.
  • Options
    I agree the w****r bit it OTT, unless you know a fair bit of him. Stu does live only over the road so may know better.

All i can remember was him being particularly awkward in letting people in, and telling us that 'Charlton' meant little to him as what he made on matchdays made very little impact on his annual turnover.

All in the past now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As AFKA says time to move on, we did, to the Liberal & have not left since, not sure Mr Irving was too pleased to see us all there though for the remainder of the season. :-)
  • Options
    new pub needed for the new season.

think we're doing blackheath if the weather is grim. swan garden if nice.
  • Options
    The Anti

Close to the station
    Close to the ground

plenty of space
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]The Anti

Close to the station
    Close to the ground

plenty of space

LOL, wait for it, wait for it
  • Options
    im waiting LOL
  • Options
    I thought Lee supported Charlton. He was definitely at the Welling friendly last season cos I saw him.
  • Options
    I think he goes to charlton with his kids? something like that anyway.
  • Options
    He is a Charlton supporter, got a season ticket with his son and goes down there when the police don't require him to be at the pub.

Never setting foot in there again after the Palace game though. Charlton supporter or not.
  • Options
    anyone go to this?
  • Options
    dam forgot all about it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did anyone go

what was it like?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]He is a Charlton supporter, got a season ticket with his son and goes down there when the police don't require him to be at the pub.

Never setting foot in there again after the Palace game though. Charlton supporter or not.[/quote]
    Why? I think I was in that night and it all seemed in order.
  • Options
    Have a butchers at the boycott of the bugle and oak thread
  • Options
    cheers fella wondered why this one was so quiet