Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship odds

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Sees us joint-8th favourite, according to the Guardian

6-1 QPR
7-1 Birmingham
9-1 Reading
13-1 Crystal Palace
15-1 Sheffield United, Derby, Wolves
18-1 Charlton, Ipswich
20-1 Watford

Comments

• Options
    20's with Sky Bet
  • Options
    Coventry have £8million to spend which is a big bit of dosh at this level
  • Options
    Looking down the fixtures, it's going to be even tougher than last year. No disrespect to them, but Donny Rovers are the only team that "look out of place" so to speak. About half of the teams, like ourselves, probably think they are big enough for the Premier League, with many having played at that level in recent years.

It's going to be a right old ding dong!
  • Options
    I don't understand the interest in Palace. Last season will prove to be a flash in the pan.

Still, if that takes some of the pressure off then there's no excuses this time around.
  • Options
    Lump on Reading at that price. Think they will bounce back as champions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Lump on Reading at that price. Think they will bounce back as champions.

That's the one that stuck out for me, too.

Derby at a best priced 16/1 could have some decent each way value - Jewell knows his way around this division, and they've done some decent business already this summer.

I'm going to wait a few weeks before taking the plunge, though.
  • Options
    I don't expect us to go up, but for us to win the league in the 18's and 20's is definitely worth a punt
  • Options
    Coral have us at 14/1, I've lumped on so don't fail me Pards :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Lump on Reading at that price. Think they will bounce back as champions.

Not bad odds but when you look into it more, they're about to sell 3 first team regulars in Shorey, Hunt and Harper. Add to that the 2 players Coppell dropped and said would never play for the club again (Sonko and Fae) and Coppell falling out with Lita and Reading isn't exactly a happy camp right now.
    Not sure who to tip really but Birmingham won't be far off and I think McLeish is a good manager. The likes of Carsley, McSheffrey, Jerome, McFadden and O'Connor will be too strong going forward for a lot of teams in this league.
  • Options
    McFadden won't be there come the new season, think McSheffrey might go too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]McFadden won't be there come the new season, think McSheffrey might go too

Pretty sure i read that McFadden had promised to stay. Although in this day and age that probably means nothing......
  • Options
    i can't believe bristol city are priced as high as they are.
    gary johnson has a great record of getting teams up, and i thought they were probably the best side i saw last year.
    just got 31-1 on them to win the league on betfair.
  • Options
    Presumbaly the odds on Birmingham, Derby and Reading are that low because they have just been relegated and therefore have parachute money. I'd wait and see what players those clubs keep and sell before working out if they are still favourites. After all we got rid of most of our Premiership players, drafted in a lot of new faces and the squad never gelled. Derby and Reading in particular are in some turmoil and I can't see that they'll suddenly turn from playing crap football, with demotivated squads to running away with the league. similarly the odds on QPR are that high only because they have spent on a lot of new players, there's no evidence that their squad under a new manager will do the business.

However it does look a tight division and getting off to a flyer is going to be important, I can see another close finish.
  • Options
    We could be 50/1 and I wouldn't back us. Not until we have added to our poor midfield atleast
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]We could be 50/1 and I wouldn't back us. Not until we have added to our poor midfield atleast

Don't be ridiculous. If we were 50-1 then I'm sure everyone would be all over it like a cheap suit - for each way value at the very least. Tell you what mate, you give me 50-1 and I'll have a little punt with you.