Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 reasons why the Swansea game should be postponed

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
bloody typical - I am away for the first game of the season and this is what they make me miss.

I need ten reasons for it to be postponed please:

1. The new East Stand hand-cuffs won't be ready

2. There will be a tropical storm and the Valley pitch will resemble a large plate of lavabread

Comments

• Options
    3. My Cardiff supporting mate reckons they will set light to the Valley

4. There are lots of Valleys in Wales and they might want to stay?
  • Options
    5. They are needed to "tend" to the sheep back home.
  • Options
    The club might not find the 5 million quid to keep us going !!
  • Options
    7. we will write to the club about not being happy with the kits and not have a kit in time for the game

8. jd sports will go bankrupt and we won't have enough money to continue
  • Options
    9. I've paid up to go to "go ape" somewhere on a hen weekend. not a close friend though, so happy to swerve. sorry salad.
  • Options
    10. Because its August and your time will be much better spent sitting in the sun,, preferably outside a pub.
  • Options
    On August 9th 1948 a famous son of Swansea, Dylan Thomas, visited The Valley which inspired him to write his famous work Under Milk Wood.

The two Mrs Dai Breads were allegedly crafted from the relationship of the two Jimmies seed and Trotter.

The FA has thus decreed that the 60th anniversary of this momentous visit should be commemorated by an association football match between Charlton Athletic and Swansea City (formerly Town).

In the light of the above sorry Salad :-)
  • Options
    11. Gwyneth and Denzil have apparently informed the press that the fixture clashes with the Welsh Institute of Wood annual door planing festival and so no-one from Swansea will be able to make it (including the team). Any that do will find the sheep on the North Downs too much of an irresistible attraction and will slope off anyway.
  • Options
    Salad they are your second team aren't they or a first love?
  • Options
    so we dont have to put up with the welsh national anthem by some opera singer on opening day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cos I want to go to victoria park to the field day festival