Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Coach and Train tours

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
One thing we would like to do is become more active and organised where it comes to arranging group away travel next season.

PBS kicked the ball off with this in the other thread:

ketters & northstand,
what's the initial feeling about which game to pick for another lifers coach?

we may not get the numbers for a mid-week game.
the ones that stand out for me are
forest - sat 20 sept
norwich - sat 20 dec (a bit close to xmas, but at least we can maybe use the same pub)
soton - sat 4 apr (though i can understand some may not want to bring their kids)
derby - sat 25 apr (for our promotion party)

Comments

• Options
    please dont do forest... at a wedding. will be in yet more trouble!
  • Options
    I will need to speak to Steve on this first, but following on from last year, we thought it worked well because of the distance travelled & obviously the Pub selected. For the Coach next year we are happy to go with the consensus providing travelling time is no more than around 2 hours (From Dartford).
  • Options
    spot on Ketman we were gagging for ale by the time we got there any further and smuggling will take place.
  • Options
    up for Soton for sure

Maybe forest
  • Options
    I choose all of the above!
  • Options
    Soton yes

Forest no - More than two hours and will be going for the weekend anyway.

Derby - if there's something on it. Championship might be wrapped up by then : - )
  • Options
    soton sounds good to me
  • Options
    Southampton sounds a good one
  • Options
    Southampton is looking good
  • Options
    My personal Preference would be Norwich at this time, not sure about taking a coach to Southampton particularly after what i witnessed down at there place last season. No hurries to decide as yet plus I need to speak to Steve first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cardiff - sat 18th oct
  • Options
    Very Funny Les....whose paying for the smashed windows upon our return ? :-)
  • Options
    Norwich sounds good if your scared of Soton ketman :-)
  • Options
    I actually think Cardiff would be ideal. Going by coach avoids any aggro, you get led in and out, and we could find a nice pub just before the Severn Bridge.
  • Options
    God do you AFKA?

3-4 hours comin back on a dry coach. grim.
  • Options
    yeah les, what you talking about coach trip to cardiff!! win or lose on the booze....the whole journey! how else will we toast curbit and taverns 1st anniversary with fizzy pop?????
  • Options
    think AFKA has a different kind of day planned!
    isnt it les 40th that day?
  • Options
    if there's dry anything that weekend i'm staying in london. the 19th is my 32nd, B, i'm sure you remember where i celebrated my birthday last year.
  • Options
    ouch want me to beat her up for you Les? he's not caught you up yet B!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite] B, i'm sure you remember where i celebrated my birthday last year.

yes, listening to CurbIt singing on a microphone!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a tee-totaller, I worry about the alcohol dependancy on this site at times, i really do....
  • Options
    why not an organised train trip to cardiff for all lifers then? that way the tee-totallers Afka and Rothko can sit seperately to the boozers?
  • Options
    sorry chaps only game i could organise before xmas is Norwich,unless people are up for Ipswich midweek leaving about 2ish.It is easier for me to talk half days off midweek than saturday's (other than home games) before xmas as I am rammo at work until the new year.Southampton for me is going to be train as I am goin with a crowd i went with last year and it has already been agreed.Doesn't stop someone else doin it i have details of coach company etc.
  • Options
    No worries steve. Its yours and Ketman's baby and we will go with whatever you say.

Southampton is around Tavern's birthday - cant believe southampton addick not going to be there!

suzi - cardiff by train could be on.
  • Options
    what about the Brighton Friendly any chance we can organise something for that one ???
  • Options
    again mate not going people ordering kits left right and centre for next season will be working 70 hour weeks within the next month.
  • Options
    Brighton is a Deffo Train Day possibly even an overnighter, quality night out !
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Southampton is around Tavern's birthday - cant believe southampton addick not going to be there!

Tell me about it. When the game kicks off I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic.

I think the people who sort out the fixtures have done it on purpose just to p*ss me off. I was especially looking forward to meeting up with Northstandsteve and pals for that one. Now I find out it's near Taverns birthday as well.

Oh God why do you torment me so?
  • Options
    sod's law mate,when you are up next let me know and we'll have a beer.Are you up for the Saint's game at the valley?