Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pietersen "switch hitting"

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I think I already said that.........
    Good so we agree......:-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]And the MCC have outlawed black bats ...[/quote]

Racists !
  • Options
    Now you all know I know Fug all about Cricket but David Lloyd who commentates for SKY & is in fact a Fully qualified umpire said it's perfectly Legal so there you go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Now you all know I know Fug all about Cricket but David Lloyd who commentates for SKY & is in fact a Fully qualified umpire said it's perfectly Legal so there you go.

Does this mean you were glued to the coverage ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Now you all know I know Fug all about Cricket but David Lloyd who commentates for SKY & is in fact a Fully qualified umpire said it's perfectly Legal so there you go.

The relevant rule is 36.3 which says something to the effect that the umpire takes the batsman's stance at the moment the bowler starts his run-up, not at the point when he bowls, or at the point at which it arrives. Therefore Pietersen was not breaking the law.
  • Options
    cricket smicket
  • Options
    I see a massive F*ck up was made last night, no Result eh makes you laugh ! Mickey Mouse Sport

:-)
  • Options
    interestingly, one Mr Geraint Jones "switch hit" Danish Kaneria for 6 in the day-nighter Essex v Kent that at Chelmsford I went to Tues evening... it's contagious! good win for the essex though!