Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Starting strikers for next season....

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
ignore ability, go with the Technical Analysis approach.

From the beginning of last season until the early December, Stuart Fleetwood and Andy Gray scored 37 goals between them. In the five months that followed, they only mustered a further 10.

Start them from the off, see them break scoring records, then flog em to Palace in January. Sorted :-)

Comments

• Options
    Varney - Start
    Gray - Start
    Todorov - Bench
    Iwelumo - Thanks but time to move on SELL
    Fleetwood - Prospect RESERVE AN LEAGUE CUP GAME INITIALLY
    Bent - Tell me where to drive him? I'll drop him off at any club that wants him.
    Dickson - Prospect
    McLeod - I'm pretty sure Izzy will come good KEEP
  • Options
    Varney/Gray.

Toddy first choice off the bench.
  • Options
    Gray and Varney. Toddy and Fleetwood on the bench. Dickson in reserve/on loan. Iwelumo sold, McLeod to follow, when fit.

Possibility that Varney may play wide right, though wasted there imo, with Gray and fleet-footed Fleetwood up-front.
  • Options
    I think Pards is very much of the view as a Manager that goals win prizes, Varney/Gray have so far failed to live up to their price tags, Iwelumo has perhaps exceeded (its not his fault we lump the ball up in the air to him)so I don't really understand all the flak he gets.

How Pards justifies the top heaviness of our team I am not really sure, however I don't see a problem with the odd speculative purchase of younger players - a home grown only youth policy alone is not the answer in my view.

I guess we can take a view on the buying strategy at the end of the summer when we know who comes and who goes, its a bit early to tell right now.
  • Options
    Based on a policy of "if you don't shoot you don't score" I'd start Dickson and Varney, but that would probably leave us too lightweight at corners and expect Gray to start with one of the quicks with Toddy off the bench. Iwelumo and Bent to be sold with Izzy loaned when fit then recalled if the above are firing blanks or sold.
  • Options
    Dickson and Varney for me, though I guess it'd be more logical to go with Gray rather than Dicko.
  • Options
    Dicko and Toddy for me we have to give dicko a chance soon and tap in to that enthusiasm get him to learn from Toddy about space timing and runs

with Dickos greed it could be a winning combo
  • Options
    Play Gray and Varney.
    Sell Iwelumo.
  • Options
    I really don't understand why everyone is so egaer to get rid of our top scorer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I really don't understand why everyone is so egaer to get rid of our top scorer.

As I've said before BDL I like Big Chris and never questioned his attitude or commitment (more than can be said for others) however I don't believe he has the quality required to take us out of this division. If you're happy to play mid-table Championship football for the foreseeable future then Iwelumo is your man. Nothing against him he's just not good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    gray and varney, or gray and toddy with varney on the wing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I really don't understand why everyone is so egaer to get rid of our top scorer.
    Wigan have got rid of theirs, so why shouldn't we? :-)