Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall in the doo

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bloke I used to work with was a fan and bought shares when they floated. I might be wrong but I think they flated the day of a big crash and the shares were worth about 1/3 of what he paid for them instantly. I still laugh now when I think of it.

Personally I don't like to see any club look like they're going under - but there's always an exception to every rule.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The Wall going to the wall in this manner would not give me any pleasure personally.
    Aside from their thug element, there are also football fans there who like us want to support a team that's probably local to them, or that they have supported for years or whatever.
    Losing your club in the way that has been described would be hard for any of us, and it is no different just because of our old rivalry.
    So I hope it doesn't happen because it will be another sad day for football in my view, and another sign to other moneymen that you can make a fortune out of football that has got absolutely nothing to do with the good of the game.
  • Options
    3blokes, this is Millwall we're talking about ya know!!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    As far as I can tell, the endgame for all this is Millwall playing at a "community stadium" in Southwark Park alongside Fisher Athletic, who have rich backers and have been playing at Dulwich Hamlet for a few years, supposedly waiting for their ground in Rotherhithe to be redeveloped.

Aren't Fisher and DH tied up through their owners in some way so that when a player look half decent for DH he gets moved to fisher.
  • Options
    the truth about millwall is that they built there stadium in the wrong place and they did not get promoted after it opened, if they had done they would have sold out the 26 thousand or so it seats no problems. they cannot keep running a stadium like they have with all the up keep fees with just 5-8 thousand turning up every week.The jokes about millwalls new colours being blue and rust based on the stadium just shows that cant even afford paint.After they held the big boxing match there they thought it was gona be used as 'London Arena' but with the docklands and wembley and the 02 the 'new den' was left behind. it would be sad day if millwall went under, as much as there scum there as much part of south london as we are. i have millwall mates that arnt idoits or like the draper family, and just think if it wasnt for the fact my parents decided to move from lewisham when i was born to a bigger house right behind the Valley i could well be a spanner. i hope they dont go under and survive coz its always a pleasure beating the scum.
  • Options
    it holds 20k tops and less with segregation (not that they need that much)

I was told they (the girders) are meant to look like that rather them having gone rusty. Some enginners tell me I'm wrong.
  • Options
    just passing it on the train every day to and from work, makes u think what a waste.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]. it would be sad day if millwall went under, as much as there scum there as much part of south london as we are. i have millwall mates that arnt idoits.[/quote]

Tend to agree with Adam on this. I too have many Millwall mates having grown up in Catford. A drop into the Conference would be punishment enough methinks.
  • Options
    It's easy to say now that the New Den was built in the wrong place - but back in the late 80s it probably seemed perfect. A bit like the now-flattened London Arena acoss the water.

Kap (if that was your question there) - there's definitely close links between Fisher and Dulwich.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Maybe Millwall may not being in the doo and are quite progressive only if the current majority shareholder wins the EGM on July 2nd. THis is what they are planning to do:-

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/00,news,8424,5227,00.htm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Maybe Millwall may not being in the doo and are quite progressive only if the current majority shareholder wins the EGM on July 2nd. THis is what they are planning to do:-

Call me cynical but how convenient that such a picture appears in the public domain just before an important vote at an EGM.

Surprised at you Pete for not seeing the conspiracy angle straight away :- )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Maybe Millwall may not being in the doo and are quite progressive only if the current majority shareholder wins the EGM on July 2nd. THis is what they are planning to do:-

Wont happen with the current housing and credit markets
  • Options
    So, will the rubbish burner, rubbish dump, recycling yards, scaffolding companies etc be relocated? They seem to missing from the artist’s impression.