Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Response from club re: Kit choice

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Have to say, CAFC are excellent at communicating with supporters. Shame we don't seem to be able to set up the 'kit vote' though:

Thanks for your enquiry.

A change of the planned new kits is completely out of the question given that new kit designs take months of planning with a kit supplier ahead of a public release. Selected designs are put forward by, in our case Joma, and are then agreed by the Board, the Management, and the First Team Manager.

The design of professional sports kits at our level is a commercially sensitive business and extremely time crucial, and Joma would not be willing to show four exclusive designs for our Professional First Team to the general public for other brands to potentially copy.

I really urge you to wait until the kits are released, and you can see them close at hand, on the pitch, or even in-store, before you decide that these kits are not to your liking. The photographs released were to announce our new sponsor, JD Sports, and a proper kit launch will be staged shortly.

Thank you for your communication. I hope this explains the situation.
Kind Regards

Michael Rea
Head of Retail

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, when will the new strip be available in the shop?
  • Options
    how comes other clubs and companies have kit choices for the public then? i know that norwich and palace both did one this year and boro do one most years.
  • Options
    Just update the original thread. Anyone looking back on this, won't see this. Ta.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Thanks, when will the new strip be available in the shop?[/quote]

Nov and only in small and xxxl

All Large and Med Jan 09
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]how comes other clubs and companies have kit choices for the public then? i know that norwich and palace both did one this year and boro do one most years.[/quote]

Fans are never happy with the kit though.

Palace have had the polls for a while now, but there are still disagreements, some saying it's a fix, others saying that the choices given aren't right.

For instance this year, the vote has gone for the home hit of White with the red and blue sash, and the away been Yellow. However some are saying we have gone away from the stripe(y nigel)s, that we are known for, and that we should have had the sash as the away, and kept the stripes for home.
  • Options
    The new kit is shocking, nothing else to say. I'm glad I don't have to wear it
  • Options
    Thread already running on this, including the clubs response.

Please feel free to add your comments to the original thread so that there is some form of chain in order. cheers
  • Options
    Palace only brought the stripes in to look like barcelona

ha ha
  • Options
    Are new kit is so bad, makes my old schools kit look like Barcelonas. To me it does not look like a Championship winning kit.
    The only thing i like about it is that it was modelled by the ex-palarce captain lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: loloblader[/cite]Are new kit is so bad, makes my old schools kit look like Barcelonas. To me it does not look like a Championship winning kit.
    The only thing i like about it is that it was modelled by the ex-palarce captain lol

I'll live with a non championship winning kit as long as the players wearing it are promotion winners. At the end of the day if they play and win they can wear what they like