Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'South stand' ;) 'solution'

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Remove the roof, this would have to be done at some stage with the stadium rejig.

Use the steel to build the East Stand extension.

Also kills the acoustic problem dead

Everyone is happy... right?

Comments

• Options
    Is it not in the rules that the stands have to be covered from the elements?
  • Options
    prefect

Great way to recycle and save the planet at the same time
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    put the roof from the old coverd end on it that was shocking fro keeping the sound in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Is it not in the rules that the stands have to be covered from the elements?
    If so, dunno how Portsmouth got away with it for so long
  • Options
    I understand there's a large empty structure in Bermondsey we could recycle although the steel is looking a bit rusty - why do they let it go like that??
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    right someone write up a spoof news report and see if we can get in the press.

Alan Pardew and new Charlton MD Steve Waggott have met half way and come up with a new green solution for the acoustic problems at the Valley which give away fans a vocal 'advantage'. The Jimmy Seed stand which is mostly used to house visitors will have its roofing and steel removed and be used to build the extension to the East stand.

Pardew said: "What with global warming, and our climate getting hotter we don't really need a roof there"

Waggot "What with the price of steel I am very pleased we could recycle some of our existing structure to help Pardew win the division next term"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Is it not in the rules that the stands have to be covered from the elements?
    If so, dunno how Portsmouth got away with it for so long

Interim or progressing building work aside thats been sanctioned by the league I assume is OK, but I am sure there are rules that leagues at certain levels must have covered seats/terracing
  • Options
    Ask Blackpool
  • Options
    Pompey hasn't had a roof for ages, might have one now I don't know but I don't think you have to cover by law???

Not that I give a monkeys about away fans getting cold and wet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    *quote from oohahh
    "with our away support, 3 or 4 golf umbrellas should adequately cover us"

*not an actual quote. more a presumption.
  • Options
    Add Fulham to the list of clubs who somehow deftly stepped around the problem of lack of cover.
    Rules were introduced which we complied with and at no little expense it must be said, whilst other clubs drove a 'coach and horses' through the legislation and were allowed to spend money on players instead.
    Pompey and Fulham are the two that most readily spring to mind, how on earth were they allowed to get away with it for so long, it's a scandal.
  • Options
    I think Pompey and Fulham were both given a bit of slack as they were both looking to re-develop or move but have had some problems with planning permission.
  • Options
    aye but this rule is for the premiership? they give you some time to correct it if promoted..
  • Options
    OK new solution, 'south stand' roof made from solar panels.. in fact why not the whole stadium, sell the energy back to the leccie companies, revenue to club..

:D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]OK new solution, 'south stand' roof made from solar panels.. in fact why not the whole stadium, sell the energy back to the leccie companies, revenue to club..

:D

great