Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky games

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
all over some other sites, including some official ones, but no word on ours.

Comments

• Options
    well i am just hoping they change the palarse games to a friday so we can all get on it
  • Options
    coming up on sky sports news shortly...
  • Options
    None by the look of it
  • Options
    Sky Sports will broadcast Birmingham City v Sheffield United as the first live Coca-Cola League match of the new season.

The match, which kicks-off at 12.45pm on Saturday, August 9, will be the first of 70 live Coca-Cola League games to be shown on Sky Sports in the 2008-09 season.

In consultation with the Football League, we can confirm nine live matches featuring 14 different clubs over the first four months of the season. Further live matches will be announced as they are confirmed.

Following Birmingham's lunch-time meeting with Sheffield United, the next live game will be Nottingham Forest vs Reading on Sunday 10 August (KO 1.15pm).

Other live fixtures confirmed include:

WATFORD v IPSWICH TOWN - Play-Off Semi-Finalists from the 2007-2008 season lock horns with Ipswich at Vicarage Road on Saturday, August 30 (KO 5.20pm).

READING v QPR - The Royals take on their hooped counterparts from west London on Saturday, October 25 (KO 5.20pm).

SOUTHAMPTON v BRISTOL CITY - Last season's beaten Play-Off Finalists travel to St Mary's on Saturday, November 8 (KO 5.20pm).

SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY - The South Wales derby from the Liberty Stadium on Sunday, November (KO 11.30am).

Also in August, Sky Sports will screen two live games from the First Round of the Carling Cup with Chester City v Leeds United on Tuesday, August 12 and Wycombe Wanderers v Birmingham City on Wednesday, August 13.

This season Sky Sports will screen, exclusively live, 70 matches from across all three divisions of the Coca-Cola Football League, plus the end of season Play-Offs and all three Play-Off Finals from Wembley Stadium.

Date
    Fixture
    Kick-Off
    League

Sat Aug 9
    Birmingham City vs Sheffield Utd
    12.45pm
    Championship

Sun Aug 10
    Nott'm Forest vs Reading
    1.15pm
    Championship

Sat Aug 16
    Bristol City vs Derby County
    5.20pm
    Championship

Sat Aug 30
    Watford vs Ipswich
    5.20pm
    Championship

Sat Oct 4
    Coventry City vs Southampton
    5.20pm
    Championship

Sat Oct 25
    Reading vs QPR
    5.20pm
    Championship

Sat Nov 8
    Southampton vs Bristol City
    5.20pm
    Championship

Sat Nov 22
    Nott'm Forest vs Norwich City
    5.20pm
    Championship

Sun Nov 30
    Swansea City vs Cardiff City
    11.30am
    Championship
  • Options
    not surprising considering the tripe we served up most of last season.
  • Options
    none yet then, but expect a change a couple of weeks or so before a game
  • Options
    Thats good news. No 12.45 or 5.20 games!!!!
  • Options
    All this means is that if they do want to show any of our games they haven't got the police to agree yet. There are gaps on September 23rd and October 18th that seem likely to be filled in (no Championship fixtures on October 11th).
  • Options
    y the feck to southamption get games they're shite
  • Options
    i would rather we didnt get any saturday 3 pm or tuesday/weds 745 only days and time i want to go to footie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure you'll be glued to your sets on Sat 27th September, Ipswich at home to Palace.
  • Options
    I know it used to be half a mill for a live sky game in the Prem, anyone know how much it is in the Championship because every little helps...
  • Options
    £2.50
  • Options
    no its £3.42
  • Options
    Swansea v Cardiff - 11.30am. Has a game ever kicked off that early before? I know there's plenty of midday kick offs, but 11.30!!
  • Options
    Think in an ideal world the Police would want that to kick off at 10.30am on a Tuesday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]y the feck to southamption get games they're shite

Did you watch any of our games last season?
  • Options
    To Televise a Championship game last season the Club got £60k which when you factored in Overtime for Police etc was not very profitable for the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]To Televise a Championship game last season the Club got £60k which when you factored in Overtime for Police etc was not very profitable for the club.

Cheers, so its not actually that bigger loss financially. I prefer the traditional kick off times but was worried we'd be losing out on much needed financial gains by not being screened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'm sure you'll be glued to your sets on Sat 27th September, Ipswich at home to Palace.

Oh t'riffic, happy birthday to me...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]All this means is that if they do want to show any of our games they haven't got the police to agree yet. There are gaps on September 23rd and October 18th that seem likely to be filled in (no Championship fixtures on October 11th).

October 18 now taken up by Palarse v Barnsley