Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Killersbeard

BDLBDL
edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Terry - I hear that TGR is closing down? Any truth?

Comments

• Options
    Fraid so!!

We are at the eleventh hour and unless something quite remarkable happens over the next 12 hours that'll be it and the show today at 11.00am will be the last.

Can't tell you how depressing it all is, especially as a lot of hard work has been put in by a number of dedicated people over the past few years to get the station to be regarded as one of the best Community Stations around.

But money is the key and the raw truth of the commercial world is that unless a community station can get continuous funding or support at council level, getting enough revenue in to survive in today's financial climate, is extremely tough, especially for what is largely a voluntary organisation.

Still, on a personal level, I've had an amazing time in my three years at TGR and been able to do stuff I would otherwise only have dreamed of. I've also met some good people who I can now call as friends and you never know, I may just pop up again somewhere else.
  • Options
    Dam

Sorry to here
  • Options
    Cheers lb, very sad day indeed yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Cheers lb, very sad day indeed yesterday.

The good news is that you you can spend more time on here :oD
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Cheers lb, very sad day indeed yesterday.

The good news is that you you can spend more time on here :oD

Good point VM, every cloud eh! :-)