Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oi Henry

Great day for Kent going top of the 20/20 league but I hope you got home in time to watch a cracker of a match (on NASN, i.e. Setanta) at Fenway Park where the Cardinals were going for a 3-0 series sweep of the current World Champs, Boston Red Sox. Great pitching and defensive plays from both teams and went to the 13th extra inning before the Red Sox won it 5-3. Rather a bitter-sweet result for me as the Red Sox are my favourite AL team but the Cardies under the true "Great One", Tony La Russa, will always be No. 1 and to win the series at Boston without there 4 best pitchers and without Super Albert Pujols was an amazing achievement.
Still have the second best record comfortably in the NL (so enjoying a good lead in the Wild Card standings) but still behind those wretched Cubs (the curse of the billy-goat will account for them in due course).
Now on to Detroit for a repeat of the 2006 World Series victory. GO REDBIRDS!!!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Err right oh old chum, could you please rewrite that in English!
    Ta very much and thanks awfuly!
  • Sh*t, how could I have used "there" instead of "their 4 best pitchers"? Cheers mate.