Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ZZ misses opening of season.

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Chosen four Olymipc squad. Misses 1st four games of season. Didn't realise he is 28 years old

ZZ Olympic call up

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Even when he does come back, I would think this guy is going to be knackered. No holiday or rest throughout the close season. Not good for us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I agree Al.

Missing the first 4 games is also likely to temper any bid interest. In the last 18 months ZZ has had to acclimatise to playing a much more physical and faster game of football, coupled with jetting across the world frequently. He looked a spent force in the last few months of the season, and i really can't see that changing when he comes back.
  • Options
    so efficient
  • Options
    Yeah it is a real shame in my opinion but its something we can't demand he doesnt do.

Captaining your national team at the Olympics, in your home country will be great for him. I just hope that if he does come back we are playing well enough that we can rest him for another few weeks to chill out and get back to full fitness before we throw him into the rigours of CCC football.
  • Options
    At least we're going to have some interest in the football at the Olympics now!

Shame for us, but very happy for ZZ
  • Options
    BarnDoorLisbie wrote:

I'm really starting to think that that is we get a half decent offer for him then we should sell.

I rate ZZ highly but there is no doubt that his performances really went downhill in the second half of last season due to his international games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]BarnDoorLisbie wrote:

I'm really starting to think that that is we get a half decent offer for him then we should sell.

I rate ZZ highly but there is no doubt that his performances really went downhill in the second half of last season due to his international games

Thanks AFKA, don't think WSS likes me! ;o)
  • Options
    Since he has been off playing for China over the last 8 months ZZ has looked nothing like the player he was when he first came to us. I thought that he actually became a liability in the second half of the season. I would have been happy to have seen him offloaded this summer. Pardew and others kept excusing him by saying that he was tired - imagine how tired he's going to be now with all this failed World Cup campaign and now the Olympics.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]BarnDoorLisbie wrote:

Thanks AFKA, don't think WSS likes me! ;o)

He doesn't. He told me so himself. Jealousy most likely. : - )

A good Olly him pics might put him in the shop window.

Would love to keep him as I think he's real class.

There is also the work permit to sort out but somehow I think if the Chinese Govt wanted the FA to give him a work permit the FA would find a way of doing it. What's that? Vote for the 2018 world cup?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully he can have a rest after the Olympics, maybe come back in late october refreshed. Treat him as if he did a Moutakill and got injured in the first or second game of the season and has a recuperation period for a lay off. Don't really want to be in a situation that he is thrown into the 1st team straight after the Olympics. If he comes back refreshd he could be the catalyst that takes us to the next level.
  • Options
    I thought the Olympics were in 2012 ? Planning ahead aint it
  • Options
    Bear in mind that ZZ signed for us on loan in the relegation season, then went back to play for his club in the summer/our close season, then signed full time for us, from what I can work out he's been playing non-stop for two seasons with not much of a break. In that time he's had to learn a new language as well as step up to playing a faster game in England and doing a lot of traveling for his international commitments. Is it any wonder his form dipped away at the end of last year?