Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bad news/Good news.

2»

Comments

• Options
    What about once convicted of mugging, rape, robbery etc, you should be chipped for life.

That would make them think twice. Human rights protestors would have a field day, mabye they would rethink after it happened to them or their family.
  • Options
    Hope the young fella is alright mate. Utter scum they are....
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DA9

All they do in prison is mix with like minded scum, pump iron and come out nastier and more menacing than when they went in, it doesn't change people like this, never will.

Have to agree with you on that - Prison should be tough, after all it is supposed to punish. Yes educate people so that they have a chance to go straight, but make them work as well - have no problems with Chain Gangs etc. Do away with comforts - no TV's, Playstations etc in cells. Being soft hasn't worked, it's time to get hard. That's not being reactionary, it's being realistic.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I am sure I'd be considered a liberal but I'd make them break rocks by the side of the road, and have to wear orange. Better still fine their parents, if they have any cash that is - make them stump it up for bail and if convicted they lose it.. that would soon start some home discipline. If none of those, stick em in special regiments and make them go to afghanistan. All in favour of teaching them skills in jail too though.

:)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]Hope the young fella is alright mate. Utter scum they are....[/quote]

have a good night Saturday, may try and pop in after Cons Presentation.

Skin
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9

All they do in prison is mix with like minded scum, pump iron and come out nastier and more menacing than when they went in, it doesn't change people like this, never will.[/cite]
    [cite]

Have to agree with you on that - Prison should be tough, after all it is supposed to punish. Yes educate people so that they have a chance to go straight, but make them work as well - have no problems with Chain Gangs etc. Do away with comforts - no TV's, Playstations etc in cells. Being soft hasn't worked, it's time to get hard. That's not being reactionary, it's being realistic.[/cite]

I'm speaking from experience, people will change if they want to change, my own experience of meeting these types inside are that they will not change, its their way of life, no amount of courses, education, counselling or studio time to make hip hop records about their "struggles" will change them, scum, always will be. There are people inside who genuinely have made mistakes in life and pay a hefty price, but do want to change, and will on the outside. The kind of courses offered inside are pretty useless to most normal semi intelligent people(yes, I see the contradiction before someone pulls me on it), others like this scum use them to gain parole, tags and enhanced status, nothing more, nothing less, they have no interest in them other than that or how it would help improve them as human beings.