Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pathetic?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Henners were you not tempted to apply for that PR job at the club?

The club has a PR Job going? No one told me.

I think in PR you have to lie and be diplomatic so that rules me out. I much prefer the cut and thrust of debate
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]

Fine, then put it on Ebay and make clear that the money will go to charity or give it to a charity raffle. Why make the club look like a bunch of spivs?

But the club does do a lot for Charity and if anyone will help me (Stanmore/AFKA/WSS) out the Charlton Riding School for the Disabled have a signed ball they were GIVEN by the club to raise funds which we could auction or raffle on here. Then people can choose to bid for the ball or the cricket picture.

If you think the club look like spivs that's your view but that seems more about your own embarrassment not the clubs. I can't do anything about that.

Some other club's fans laugh at Valley Express and see it as embarrassing. Some other club's fans used to laugh at kid for a quid and say it was embarrassing that we couldn't sell all our tickets. So what. Both were sound business moves and have paid off big time. Selling some stuff on e-bay won't bring in lots of new fans, it's just selling stuff. So what.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Valley express has clear and obvious commerical benefits tho henners surely?

Wasn't that job advertised in the guardian on a thread on here? or was it a spoof?

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=17167
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Might be different if we hadn't paid for Bent or paid his wages since he's been here.

So Henry, you don't think that what a club does reflects on it's fans, or do you never get stick when we lose?

Ask a few people and see what they say but through the eyes of a netural something like this will make the club look like smalltime cheapskates. I find it suprising that that doesn't bother you but fair enough, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Valley express has clear and obvious commerical benefits tho henners surely?

Wasn't that job advertised in the guardian on a thread on here? or was it a spoof?

and so does selling stuff on e-bay!!! You sell stuff, you get some money, you buy a new hamster to power up the floodlights.

I also expect that the real reason all this stuff is being sold is that so people can move around the pit of a press office at Sparrows Lane without climbing over piles of old programmes and other collected memorabilia for a change. God, it's a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole office has been condemned by health and safety.

The point was we get all sorts of stick from Palace fans about "having to bus our fans in". Is that embarrassing and even if it was is that a reason not to do it? No and no.

That was a press office job as Jeanette (substitute Ronette) Earl left after years of good work.

Anyway off to a leaving do where I hope no one realises that I'm a Charlton fan and laughs at the club's e-bay shame. : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Fair point BDL.
    I diidn't say anything?!?
  • Options
    'I also expect that the real reason all this stuff is being sold is that so people can move around the pit of a press office at Sparrows Lane without climbing over piles of old programmes and other collected memorabilia for a change. God, it's a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole office has been condemned by health and safety.'

Selling the traning ground this would be a good reason ;-)
  • Options
    yeah sell it and do a deal with the Beckham academy, they can't use it much on weekday mornings eh..

:D
  • Options
    not bothered either way TBH
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Fair point BDL.
    I diidn't say anything?!?

Dont know what you mean mate, never mentioned you... ;-)