Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Hate RyanAir

The girlfriend got an email from these muppets a couple of days ago telling us our return flight from Germany had been cancelled and we either had to accept it and get a refund or take another flight 12 hours later which would mean booking a room for an extra night. Is this legal? I can't even vent on some customer service dolly because they don't do customer service. I'm over a barrel because it's a wedding and not something that i can just shrug off but i can't remember a company who has treated me this badly. Just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem or knows a way of getting them to compensate me for breaking the origial deal?

Comments

• Options
    u cd try your travel insurers and or your credit card insurance
  • Options
    As annoying as it is, I dont think there's any thing you can do mate. They've given you the alternatives... not their fault that the alternative doesnt suit you...
  • Options
    At least they told you - be thankful for that! Know someone who got stuck in Poland for 3 days after they cancelled a flight an hour before it was due to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]u cd try your travel insurers and or your credit card insurance

For what? Ryanair have already offered a full refund from what I can see...
  • Options
    I'm sure some travel insurance, i know mine does, has a "cancellations" term in it regardless of whether you have been offered a refund or not.
  • Options
    Understand your frustration Medders but as has already been mentioned they've offered you a 'full' refund (unusual enough in this day and age) and have told you fairly well in advance of the problem.
    In the scheme of things, considering some other nightmares that you hear of, this is about a 2 out of 10 on the Richter scale.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I am not a seasoned traveller any more, indeed the Channel Islands, Sheppey and the Isle of Grain are "abroad" to me these days as holidays are a thing of the past in Brown's Britain.

However I would have thought you could claim any "extra cost" such as the room for another night on your travel insurance subject to any excesses of course plus any quantifiable losses from having your flight time moved. Perhaps you booked a room at the wedding location you've paid for but can no longer use. That sort of thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Understand your frustration Medders but as has already been mentioned they've offered you a 'full' refund (unusual enough in this day and age) and have told you fairly well in advance of the problem.
    In the scheme of things, considering some other nightmares that you hear of, this is about a 2 out of 10 on the Richter scale.

Not me mate! I've got nothing but praise for Ryanair after my recent trip to Ireland
  • Options
    Their Ts and Cs (which you will have accepted with a click) allow them to do this. If you don't like it, take the refund.
  • Options
    I travel most weeks, normally on BA, and increasing number of cancellations / delays these days. Sounds like they offered you enough to meet their conditions, i.e. refund or later flight. Nothing you can do about it unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing that bugs me is that you book the flights, arrange everything around it like hotel rooms and car hire and then they cancel meaning that i'm over a barrel with these other companies (sorry i'm not coming now so i'm going to tear up our agreement) and if i book with another airline i've missed the cheap deals and it's going to cost me hundreds more. When the budget airlines start going to the wall later this year i'll have a special place in my heart for these jokers.
  • Options
    I know where you are coming from. I had a similar thing happen to me last year but with easyjet. Was going to France for two weeks and I booked the flights via easyjet 6 months before and the acommedation with another company. Three weeks before my holiday I got an email from easyjet telling me that my outgoing flight had been cancelled!! They offered me a refund or another flight, however the next available flight was not until the following day. It worked out more expensive to go with another airline on the orginal day so had no choice but to go the following day and miss out on one day of my hols!!! Easyjet said there was nothing they could do as they had offered me a refund or alternate flight.
  • Options
    I missed my best friends funeral because of these muppets, I would never, ever, book with such an unprofessional company ever again
  • Options
    Guess who i'm flying with on monday?

gulp!!

to be fair, i've flown with them dozens of times and never had a problem.

But when they f##k up, they f##k up big time!!
  • Options
    I've flown with them plenty of time and never had any major problems (aside from delays).

2 weeks ago, in Italy, our hire car was broken into and all our stuff nicked. The major problem for me was all my medicine and associated equipment was nicked, meaning I had to come home straight away. They were ok about us getting on the plane with no documents (we spoke to the Consulate), but wouldn't move our booking - despite the fact I was having to travel on medical grounds. €400 later, they let us on a plane with SEVENTY un-sold seats!

Thieving feckers! (the Italians AND Ryanair!)
  • Options
    This is the problem - Ryan Air/EasyJet etc tend to fly from regional airports and also fly an infrequent service meaning if a flight is cancelled the option of getting one two hours later as you could do at a bigger airport/bigger airline or switching to a different airline to get you back to the same UK airport where you left your car etc is very often non-existent meaning you have to stay overnight.