Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matchday prices

Comments

• Options
    I dont get why seats in the lower north are dearer than the upper north? Or am I missing something obvious. The view from upper north is amazing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]I dont get why seats in the lower north are dearer than the upper north? Or am I missing something obvious. The view from upper north is amazing.

Yes you are missing something obvious : -)

You have to charge away fans the same as home fans for the "equivalent view"

So the Jimmy Seed is the equivalent view to the Lower North hence the higher prices BUT STs in the Lower north are much cheaper for this reason.
  • Options
    As a matter of principal I won't pay £30 to watch Championship football, especally the dross that was served up last season. Sounds like the £20 are going to be few and far between so looks like I'll be finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon!
  • Options
    Can't we charge them an extra tenner for the better acoustics?

:D
  • Options
    So in that case nobody will ever buy a matchday ticket in the lower north again. Won't look good on the tv
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Can't we charge them an extra tenner for the better acoustics?

:D

I think we have!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]So in that case nobody will ever buy a matchday ticket in the lower north again. Won't look good on the tv

Ever again?

It will have plenty of season ticket holders and for most games matchday prices will still be £20 or £25 same as last year.
  • Options
    Maybe the extra money should state restoration fee. All money going to the east stand upper tier building fund.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]As a matter of principal I won't pay £30 to watch Championship football, especally the dross that was served up last season. Sounds like the £20 are going to be few and far between so looks like I'll be finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon!

Even though for all games there will be £20 tickets available?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that tickets will only be £30 for the london games plus teams like Reading/Watford and also against teams we know will probably bring a larger away support like Ipswich/Norwich/Birmingham. They won't be 30 quid for the likes of Burnley, Doncaster and Blackpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'm pretty sure that tickets will only be £30 for the london games plus teams like Reading/Watford and also against teams we know will probably bring a larger away support like Ipswich/Norwich/Birmingham. They won't be 30 quid for the likes of Burnley, Doncaster and Blackpool.

I'm pretty sure you are right.
  • Options
    As of Saturday, there were 2,000 seats still available in the north upper and the quadrants and another 2,700 in the middle price bracket. To put that in context, our typical home matchday ticket sale last season was 3,000. There's no intention to force people into higher price areas, although it may mean you need to buy before the matchday to be certain of getting one of the cheapest seats.

Interestingly, the trend has been for season ticket holders to move into more expensive areas this summer, not into the cheaper ones, as better seats have been freed up by the overall shortfall in the take-up.

We expect away numbers to fall anyway, because we did well last season out of people who hadn't been to The Valley. But we had to decide if we tried to get extra revenue out of home fans or away ones and rightly or wrongly we went for the latter.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]what was the lowest price last year?[/quote]

Henry's ticket - cost him nowt!
    ;o)[/quote]

I wish! Didn't even get a free directors coat off Joma : - (

it was £20 for nearly all the games and [u]maybe[/u] £15 for Preston and WBA in the Cup

Incidentally I sit in the area of the ground with the highest percentage of renewals.

Big up the middle of the east Stand LOYAL SUPPORTERS[/quote]

THATS ME :-O
  • Options
    So we're charging the most for the area with the cheapest season tickets. A bit fishy if you ask me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FOD[/cite]So we're charging the most for the area with the cheapest season tickets. A bit fishy if you ask me!

Dont think its fishy. My guess is that they have to sell matchday prices in the away stand at the equivalent price to similar seating in the home end. So the lower north is the designated stand. They sell cheap season tickets and hopefully sell 99% of the seats with just a few remaining on matchday sale at the inflated price. They can then charge all away supporters that price therefore passing on higher costs to the away fans rather than the home fans. Good business acumen rather than fishy IMHO.
  • Options
    http://www.planetswans.co.uk/article.aspx?ArticleID=8142
    Few pages of comments on the right hand side of this page from Swansea fans
  • Options
    some classics there

At 07:52 on July 01 2008, Montys pet snake wrote:It's an obvious attempt at keeping the tight fisted, workshy scum that follow this club away from the ground, and i dont blame them

At 08:43 on July 01 2008, jackforever wrote:
    Don't give us all that, for £30 you
  • Options
    Will there be any discount on the £30 quid tickets for Red Card Memebers? £60 quid for me and the Mrs is way to steep.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I suspect there will be many away supporters trying to buy tickets for home areas on a match day (comments already posted on the Swans website). I know the club has the red card scheme to try and discourage this but how strictly will this be enforced on a match day?

If it IS going to be strictly enforced, i.e. no red card, no ticket and no applications taken on the day, how much do the club think it will affect match day sales?

If away fans are discovered in home areas will the policy still be to eject rather than relocate?

Just a couple of thoughts......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I suspect there will be many away supporters trying to but tickets for home areas on a match day (comments already posted on the Swans website). I know the club has the red card scheme to try and discourage this but how strictly will this be enforced on a match day?

If it IS going to be strictly enforced, i.e. no red card, no ticket and no applications taken on the day, how much do the club think it will affect match day sales?

If away fansarediscovered in home areas will the policy still be to eject rather than relocate?

All good questions for Mr Waggott tomorrow evening! :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I suspect there will be many away supporters trying to buy tickets for home areas on a match day (comments already posted on the Swans website). I know the club has the red card scheme to try and discourage this but how strictly will this be enforced on a match day?

If away fansarediscovered in home areas will the policy still be to eject rather than relocate?

All good questions for Mr Waggott tomorrow evening! :o)
    Sadly I can't make it. Perhaps you'd oblige Mr Blocker?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    For you, Mr Wright, I may just do!

If I remember, that is!
  • Options
    Whats to stop away fans getting a free red card anyway?
  • Options
    In theory, when they give their address & postcode, the ticket office staff are supposed to get a little suspicious if appropriate.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]In theory, when they give their address & postcode, the ticket office staff are supposed to get a little suspicious if appropriate.
    The Valleys and The Valley as an address could be forgiven as an oversight though in the case of Swansea.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    Will there be any discount on the £30 quid tickets for Red Card Memebers? £60 quid for me and the Mrs is way to steep.

So sit in the upper north and pay the lesser price?
  • Options
    how about a category on here - ST holders not going to a match sell it for a score thus bypassing the £30 a game problem.

That way non season ticket holder gets to game at a decent price and the st holder makes a profit.

Easy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]how about a category on here - ST holders not going to a match sell it for a score thus bypassing the £30 a game problem.

That way non season ticket holder gets to game at a decent price and the st holder makes a profit.

Easy

And the same people will moan the club are not buying enough players or spending enough money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]how about a category on here - ST holders not going to a match sell it for a score thus bypassing the £30 a game problem.

Easy

Why bother when there are loads of £20 and £25 tickets available?

And who'd trust you with their ST? Most likely get thrown out and get the ST holder banned for life! : - )
  • Options
    got all ourtickets for Sat. £30 each FFS against Swansea. Still its going 3 be sun 3 points and a good booze so what the hell