Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

itunes & ipod help

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
so I bought a new laptop today to replace my macbook the thieving slags stole from my flat but it has had to restore my ipod which meant I lost everything off it and am now loading up some new CD's onto it but when I try to drag and drop the CD's onto the pod in itunes it won't happen just get the old no entry sign.

I've turned off sync and just want to do this manually , what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    forget that , sorted it
  • Options
    May be too late for you buckshee, but for anyone else, you can use Senuti on the Mac (and there is Windows software out there that will do the same thing) to pull music from your iPod into iTunes, thus saving you from having to re-rip music from cds etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]May be too late for you buckshee, but for anyone else, you can useSenution the Mac (and there is Windows software out there that will do the same thing) to pull music from your iPod into iTunes, thus saving you from having to re-rip music from cds etc.

I use I-Sync-Tunes for this. It's a bit cumbersome, but its free and it does the job. A word of warning though, it's fine with music, but with videos it tends to rename files, so that the titles have to be checked and typed in manually. Not a big problem unless you've got hundreds of vids, but potentially a bit frustrating if you're in a hurry.
  • Options
    Had a problem when my pc crashed and wiped everything but managed to re-install the songs from my ipod to pc by using tunejack - no problems at all - would recommend it.
  • Options
    I've backed all my tunes on to an external hard drive. They don't cost very much and it saves hassle if your pc or laptop dies.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I accidently reformated my iPod whilst updating a new version and subsequently lost everything.
    I emailed itunes and they were very helpful, in fact they got back to me within the day, though they warned me they wouldn't do it again if I fooked up in the future.
    Gave me a new user name and password with a link and I got all their stuff back, though of course I did have to redownload all the stuff I had done other than with itunes.
    Me and pooters don't make for a happy union it must be said.
  • Options
    Just Got an ipod nano for chrimbo with docking st, would like to know a good music site for downloading stuff, anything that is safe and comprehensive.
    Do free sites exist?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Just Got an ipod nano for chrimbo with docking st, would like to know a good music site for downloading stuff, anything that is safe and comprehensive.
    Do free sites exist?
    Thanks.

Limewire is good, just make sure your virus protection is in order.

Oh, filesharing makes you go blind etc......
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Just Got an ipod nano for chrimbo with docking st, would like to know a good music site for downloading stuff, anything that is safe and comprehensive.
    Do free sites exist?
    Thanks.

I'm calling the police RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    soulseek, or amazon if youre buying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    Do free sites exist?
    Thanks.

I'm calling the police RIGHT NOW.

I didnt expect that of you, but Dazzler on the other hand? ;)
  • Options
    Limewire is very quick and simple.
  • Options
    just downloaded itunes 9 onto the new laptop and discovered Home Sharing. Means I can link the old laptop and new one to the same account and download the music library from one PC to the other. Simples.
  • Options
    Didn't get any itunes software with my ipod am i supposed to download this myself?