Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Food you used to hate but now like...

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
Olives for me. I was in Portugal once and all the restaurants were so slow I started eating the free olives because I was so hungry. Now I love them

Comments

• Options
    Tomatoes
  • Options
    sprouts
  • Options
    Lager and curry.
  • Options
    Used to hate spag bowl as a kid, and mayonase all part of the weekly shop now tho. Its amazing how your tastebuds change as you get older.
  • Options
    spinach
  • Options
    Used to hate most vegetables but now love them, apart from carrots.
  • Options
    Growing up i used to hate virtually all vegetables. Now half the meals i cook are vegetarian. Not sure if it's advertising, peer pressure or fear of the unknown but i hope when i have kids i can get them eating more widely than i did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Lager and curry.

How could you hate Lager & Curry?
  • Options
    cheese.......now cant get enough soft stuff
  • Options
    any blue cheese hated it now love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]any blue cheese hated it now love it.

You like a bit of blue vein?......lol
  • Options
    me too on Olives, brought up on the mangy black ones, once I tried the nicer green ones in an Italian I was hooked
  • Options
    can understand Olives for Fishnets must go with the Olive Oil from Popeye that you seem to like in women !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]can understand Olives for Fishnets must go with the Olive Oil from Popeye that you seem to like in women !

I like all women...fat,thin,black,white,asian,hairy,shaved....etc etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Lager and curry.

How could you hate Lager & Curry?

i dont think i much liked lager & curry at the age of 1-13
  • Options
    Yoghurt.
    Used to be force-fed it up until about 5 years old then refused point blank to ever eat it again.
    My ex-wife egged me on to try one about four months ago and I discovered strawberry yoghurts (without the bits) are actually quite nice lol.
  • Options
    fish
  • Options
    Anchovies - well sort of. I only found out about a year ago that they are not naturally disgusting, it's just the twats who insist on turning them into something inedible by smothering them in salt.

My brother-in-law gave me a fresh one, and it was nice.

What posesses someone to take something quite tasty, and render it vomit-inducing by covering it in salt?
  • Options
    ham, bacon, pork, basically anything from a pig. now i'd give homer simpson a run for his money.

also milk, yoghurt, cheese.
  • Options
    Tomato ketchup
    salt and vinegar crisps

i think it is because my younger brother used to have the eating skills of a half starved quadriplegic and loved both of these things, pretty much anything I saw him eat led to a profound dislike of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]spinach

Snap. Hated it as a kid but can't get enough now.
  • Options
    I was a fussy bleeder when a kid. There are loads of things I hated which I now like.

Curry, Spag Bol, Rice, Chillie Con Carne, Cauliflower Cheese to name a few.
  • Options
    Curry for me - I had a few curries when I was a kid and never progressed much further than a chicken tikka masala, then I rediscovered them a few years ago and eat several a month - either Indian or Thai.
  • Options
    Sprouts, spag bol, olives - still not keen on parsnips.
    All the beer, food, savouries and sweet stuff doesnt like me anymore......
  • Options
    Stuffed peppers.
  • Options
    when my oldest son was 15 i bet him £20 he would like advacado when he was 18. He eats it in secret Im sure. think i need to get a private detective on the case.
  • Options
    minge

wonder how long this will stay on here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]minge

wonder how long this will stay on here

I've always liked the taste of that...
  • Options
    Thats a bit below the belt mate
  • Options
    Yeah, someone will get into a flap over that one