Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Kent Road

Why is it closed?

Comments

• Options
    maybe putting hotels on it.
  • Options
    Somebody got stabbed to death..
  • Options
    hopefully someine has dropped a bomb on it
  • Options
    is it the truckers doing their protest?
  • Options
    Fishnets is right, someone got stabbed.
  • Options
    When ?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    last night but they was not media friendly enough i presume for there to be 24hr coverage
  • Options
    it says monday night on the report. it couldnt have been shut for 2 days?
  • Options
    Dunno pretty sure they said on the travel bulletin on GMTV this morning it was shut due to stabbing so assumed this must be the one, maybe there has been another one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes two days for our OB does sound a bit quick.
  • Options
    A woman got stabbed round there last night as well
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I feel as though I want to say a great deal about why one of the main arterial roads going in and out of central London has been closed for nigh on two days re this stabbing/murder.
    I assume many of you know the particular area, overun with illegal immigrants, coffee shops, cybernet cafes, dodgy mini cab offices, equally dodgy money changers etc.
    Now I honestly don't know who this fella was or just what the Old Bill need to be doing for such an extended period in gleaning forensics but might I suggest that whatever it is they needed to get, then they have surely got it all by now.
    So how about opening up the god damned road again instead of incoveniencing thousands of commuters and locals with their 'trying to make a point' operation....which is 'just' what I think this has become.
    I forsee we're going to see a lot more of this in the near future as a subtle ploy by Scotland Yard to put pressure on....well on whom really is the question, all of us I guess?
    We see it in the closing of motorways for hours on end too, the job of the police and The Highways Authorities was always to get the motorways open and running ASAP, not so nowadays, you get the feeling it's all done to 'punish' us all in a subtle way i.e. "See this is what happens if you have, or god forbid cause, an accident."
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]A woman got stabbed round there last night as well[/quote]

Shag I do realise you're only pointing something out to us but that was in Peckham, which shouldn't effect the closure of The Old Kent Road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]A woman got stabbed round there last night as well

Shag I do realise you're only pointing something out to us but that was in Peckham, which shouldn't effect the closure of The Old Kent Road.

Ok mate fair enough I don't know it round that manor
  • Options
    Shag, believe you me mate you don't really want to!
  • Options
    I work in peckham, and all this bollox is really ruining my journeys home, shut for 2 days for a geezer who they dont even know his name!! And this morning in peckham, its just getting stupid!!
  • Options
    MCS,I rest my case!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I feel as though I want to say a great deal about why one of the main arterial roads going in and out of central London has been closed for nigh on two days re this stabbing/murder.
    I assume many of you know the particular area, overun with illegal immigrants, coffee shops, cybernet cafes, dodgy mini cab offices, equally dodgy money changers etc.
    Now I honestly don't know who this fella was or just what the Old Bill need to be doing for such an extended period in gleaning forensics but might I suggest that whatever it is they need to get they have surely got it all by now.
    So how about opening up the god damned road again instead of incoveniencing thousands of commuters and locals with their 'trying to make a point' operation....which is 'just' what I think this has become.
    I forsee we're going to see a lot more of this in the near future as a subtle ploy by Scotland Yard to put pressure on....well on whom really is the question, all of us I guess?
    We see it in the closing of motorways for hours on end too, the job of the police always was to get the motorways open and running ASAP, not so nowadays, you get the feeling it's all done to 'punish' us all in a subtle way i.e. "See this is what happens if you have, or god forbid cause, an accident."

and by the way, agree with soundasapound above.