Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

flip flops.

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
wearing them out? personally i think its wrong.discuss

Comments

• Options
    I wore mine out..so I just brought a new pair.
  • Options
    for outings out?
  • Options
    i've got a couple pairs of havaianas..
    i wear them all the time in the summer.. so comfy
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    can't bear 'em personally. having that lttle bit in between your toes

seeing blokes with jeans and flip flops does my head in.
  • Options
    I wear mine out all the time

although did have 1 nasty experiance of having a whole night bare foot (AND BLOODY FOOT BY END) after the bit betwen the toe snapped, hence no foot wear all night, and being stuck in a really grotty club in sheffield, still don't think my feet have ever forgotton bout it
  • Options
    Flip flops are only acceptable to wear on the beach. Anywhere else is a big no no if your a man.

IMO
  • Options
    They look horrible on anyone, full stop.

Nothing worse than a pretty girl, dressed nicely and then you look down and... aaaarrrrggghhh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]They look horrible on anyone, full stop.

Nothing worse than a pretty girl, dressed nicely and then you look down and... aaaarrrrggghhh.

That happened to me in Thailand.
  • Options
    I'm certainly of the opinion that no woman should be able to wear flip flops to work as part of their work wardrobe. Every morning on the train into the City, 9/10 or more likely 99/100 women are wearing flip flops.
  • Options
    Flip Flops are all wrong , same goes for 3/4 length shorts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah but maybe they change when they get to the office?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]They look horrible on anyone, full stop.

That happened to me in Thailand.

PMSL...
  • Options
    Saw a young lady trying to hurry accross a road in a pair of them, yesterday. It wasn't a good look.

She was waddling along like she'd shit herself (she hadn't - I was down wind and she didn't stink, and her white shorts would have given the game away).

If that's what concentrating on keeping them on your feet makes you look like, then don't bother wearing them.
  • Options
    What do you call a Frenchman in sandals ?
    Phillipe Philop

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Have my white havianas on today. I remember wearing a pair to Bury once and losing one on the pitch. I think I threw it at David Johnson.

I like wearing them and dont really see a problem. If people dont like them, don't wear them. Dont really see an issue
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    is it really that your all too old to wear them and look ok, and all very jelaous of having non sweaty feet?????
  • Options
    Wear them all the time with shorts, jeans, combats
  • Options
    Flip flops and a sarong. The ideal way to stay cool in the summer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Flip flops are only acceptable to wear on the beach. Anywhere else is a big no no if your a man.

IMO

Totally agree.
  • Options
    I got Birkenstocks for marching about etc. Actual beach flip flops for the beach and after football etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I struggle to walk in them the bit between your toe drives me mad but open toed mules now i likes them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]I remember wearing a pair to Bury once and losing one on the pitch. I think I threw it at David Johnson.

Ha ha ha quality!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Flip flops and a sarong. The ideal way to stay cool in the summer.

are you male or female? or another name for 27 yr old Riscardo? men in sarongs? it can only be him!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Flip flops and a sarong. The ideal way to stay cool in the summer.

How can L keep her hands of you Martin? ;)
  • Options
    I have a simple rule. When it's over 23 degrees i'll wear flip flops when i have a Tshirt on, and my Birkinstocks when wearing a shirt (cos they're smarter!) that includes to the office, dinner whereever!

For the havaiana fans the cheapest place i found on the internet for them is http://www.bellyflipflop.com/
  • Options
    Has any body worn fitflops, they are expensive but good press. I would not wear them to work though
  • Options
    Summer of 2006 and a fair few others I've gone weeks without hardly wearing anything other than flip flips, no sweaty feet and if there is any need to run and rush you are in the wrong frame of mind for a hot day.

I came unstuck a few weeks ago though at a party I attempted a flying worm* and buggered it up slamming my feet into the floor at force taking a fair chunk of bone off my big toe.

Not too sure about flip flops with jeans but 3/4 lengths, shorts and indeed speedos if so inclined are ok to me.

*last seen in a dance off in Blackpool
  • Options
    i've just bought my first ever pair this lunchtime, half price in the adidas shop.

strictly for me jollies though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

are you male or female? or another name for 27 yr old Riscardo? men in sarongs? it can only be him!

Male and my tongue was firmly in cheek about the sarong!

[cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

How can L keep her hands of you Martin? ;)

She's fine mate, it's all the others ;0)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]i've just bought my first ever pair this lunchtime, half price in the adidas shop.

strictly for me jollies though.

what about a sarong??????

I aint going on jollies with you if so :-)