Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The News

Last few weeks its been awful aint it ? i keep thinking why do u buy a paper and read all the depresing crap and that pre going to work FFS !

So i didnt buy a paper this morning but just checked the news on the net and Jesus why did i bother !
* Oil prises reach ne record high.
* Two guys stabbed in New X 150 times !! then set on fire FFS whats that all about ?
* Some one who is suposed to be Bin ladins top geezer let out on bail 2 day. He has been fighting deprtation for 7 years to his own country. We cant know his name, picture, where he is living or his bail conditions ! Nice to know the courts are still looking after the peoples intrestes tho aint it !!

Is CAFC a release ? noooooooooooooooo we all guessed that we had to sell be4 we can get peple in, but it sticks in my throat that Bent Faye and Thomas are geting big wedge from us and stopping us from moving forward.

Get home , get changed, have a cuppa, go 2 back garden and shut the shit news out for a few hours.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    Is CAFC a release ?

No, but as we've said before, we would like this site to be.

We don't want it bogged down day in day out talking about stabbings, immigrants, the world is shit, and all other such matter.

The amount of non-football related stuff posted on here at the moment is very high, but we can live with that during the close season.

When the football starts up again, we want it to be a primarily football site again. And if it does stray off course, then it needs to be more light-hearted than it has been of late. This was never intended to be a place where the world is put to rights, not was it a place for people to post solely on non-football related issues, and elements of both have increased a lot in the last 3-4 months.

There are millions of web outlets now for people to discuss whatever they want with like-minded people, and when the new season approaches, we want to try and align the forum back a bit more towards how it was, and how we would prefer it to be.

This isn't a moan, or a dig at any individual, just a friendly reminder to all.
  • Options
    just got back from a few days abroad and the news is so depressing.

the two guys tortured and killed in New Cross is just down the road from me. So very very upsetting and gruesome.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    Is CAFC a release ?

No, but as we've said before, we would like this site to be.

We don't want it bogged down day in day out talking about stabbings, immigrants, the world is shit, and all other such matter.

The amount of non-football related stuff posted on here at the moment is very high, but we can live with that during the close season.

When the football starts up again, we want it to be a primarily football site again. And if it does stray off course, then it needs to be more light-hearted than it has been of late. This was never intended to be a place where the world is put to rights, not was it a place for people to post solely on non-football related issues, and elements of both have increased a lot in the last 3-4 months.

There are millions of web outlets now for people to discuss whatever they want with like-minded people, and when the new season approaches, we want to try and align the forum back a bit more towards how it was, and how we would prefer it to be.

This isn't a moan, or a dig at any individual, just a friendly reminder to all.

Yer and then you tell me off for moaning about Charlton ;-) only a few more weeks and then the rose tinted specs get put back on peoples faces ;-)
  • Options
    easy then sink it. Job done then isnt it.
  • Options
    to be honest I think the main reason there's so much non-footy stuff on here is that CAFC seem to be doing sweet FA in the transfer market

is Pardew actually going to buy anyone

much longer and we get the usual excuse for a slow start to the season

"we couldn't do any deals till right on the eve of the new season and the new players haven't had any time to bed in yet.."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]to be honest I think the main reason there's so much non-footy stuff on here is that CAFC seem to be doing sweet FA in the transfer market

is Pardew actually going to buy anyone

much longer and we get the usual excuse for a slow start to the season

"we couldn't do any deals till right on the eve of the new season and the new players haven't had any time to bed in yet.."
    We can't buy anyone.

We don't have any money.

If you want to buy/pay Bent, Faye and A.N. Other then we might see a couple of new players. But no more than a couple.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Last few weeks its been awful aint it ? i keep thinking why do u buy a paper and read all the depresing crap and that pre going to work FFS !

So i didnt buy a paper this morning but just checked the news on the net and Jesus why did i bother !
    * Oil prises reach ne record high.
    * Two guys stabbed in New X 150 times !! then set on fire FFS whats that all about ?
    * Some one who is suposed to be Bin ladins top geezer let out on bail 2 day. He has been fighting deprtation for 7 years to his own country. We cant know his name, picture, where he is living or his bail conditions ! Nice to know the courts are still looking after the peoples intrestes tho aint it !!

Is CAFC a release ? noooooooooooooooo we all guessed that we had to sell be4 we can get peple in, but it sticks in my throat that Bent Faye and Thomas are geting big wedge from us and stopping us from moving forward.

Get home , get changed, have a cuppa, go 2 back garden and shut the shit news out for a few hours.

I've made a conscious decision to stop reading the papers to and from work now, i read a book instead and it genuinely makes me a happier person.
  • Options
    I just console myself with the view a wise man once told me. If you read about it in the papers then it is not something you need to worry about. the papers only report stuff that is not commonplace. Eg compare the number of under 18's stabbed to death this year with the number killed crossing the road.

Think like that and you have a much better perspective on life in my view.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

Yer and then you tell me off for moaning about Charlton ;-) only a few more weeks and then the rose tinted specs get put back on peoples faces ;-)

this season we wont have so much to moan about because
    we haven't spent any money and wont be top spenders cos we wasted it all last season....
    we're not favourites....
    our attendances wont be as large....
    our expectations will have dropped due to the ineptitude of last season....
    our squad will be too small to handle an injury crisis.......
    the glory years under curbs will seem more distant.....
    we wont be expecting pards team to perform better in the last third of the season(like they used to).....
    and we wont be fecking hearing 'we're still 5th , wait and see' every fecking week for half the season from those that refused to accept the piss poor performances that were happening consistantly weren't the start of our downfall that they eventually were
  • Options
    NSS & Ohh Ahh warm up for the coming season;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

this season we wont have so much to moan about because
    we haven't spent any money and wont be top spenders cos we wasted it all last season....
    we're not favourites....
    our attendances wont be as large....
    our expectations will have dropped due to the ineptitude of last season....
    our squad will be too small to handle an injury crisis.......
    the glory years under curbs will seem more distant.....
    we wont be expecting pards team to perform better in the last third of the season(like they used to).....
    and we wont be fecking hearing 'we're still 5th , wait and see' every fecking week for half the season from those that refused to accept the piss poor performances that were happening consistantly weren't the start of our downfall that they eventually were

But we might get more fans to travel to away matches ....... :o)