Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Connelly

Alot of you have probably read Charlie Connelly's previous books 'Many Miles' and 'Stamping Grounds: Liechtenstein's Quest for the World Cup'.

Found another book by him today called 'Attention all Shipping'. He basically got hooked on the shipping forecast on the radio, and decided to explore each region that is mentioned on every broadcast.

Just wondering if anyone here has read it and what they think of it.

It sounds right up my street as i'm fascinated by anything to do with the coast and have enjoyed his other books mentioned above.

Comments

• Options
    It's a great book, typical Charlie stylee with plenty of amusing anecdotes as well as the usual "well I never knew that..." moments.

Mice Skating will live in the memory for a long time.

Charlie fans (no not that sort) can help propel him into superstardom by voting for Attention All Shipping as the greatest audio book of all time here:

http://www.40bestaudiobooks.co.uk/index.htm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]It's a great book, typical Charlie stylee with plenty of amusing anecdotes as well as the usual "well I never knew that..." moments.

Mice Skating will live in the memory for a long time.

Charlie fans (no not that sort) can help propel him into superstardom by voting for Attention All Shipping as the greatest audio book of all time here:

http://www.40bestaudiobooks.co.uk/index.htm

What he said.

read it on holiday a couple of years ago and lots of QI types facts and info. My fav is the island off Denmark that we swapped with the Germans for half of Africa which upset Queen Victoria no end and which is now a holiday resort.

I've also got "I just can't help believing. Going down: the relegation experience" by Charlie (mainstream 1998) about different teams drops or near misses. We're in there of course.
  • Options
    I read it a couple of years ago, my dad had a copy and borrowed it. A great read. Perfect for holidays.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, will definitely go out and get it then.