Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackheath

Is something happening up there this weekend ? Last night i noticed that they had put up loads of crowd control fences and there was a big tent the Greenwich park side. None of it as big as the London marathon but similar sorat set up.

Comments

• Options
    I noticed that, fences at the blackheath hill end near the barracks too. Couldn't see why though
  • Options
    Are you bringing home your wages/pay packet tonight GH?

On this, my dad called me Wednesday, said there were about 20-30 OB outside Charlton station in the late afternoon, sniffer dogs, meat wagons etc, he asked me if we had a friendly and if anyone was turning up....obvisously not, but any ideas anyone?
  • Options
    It is the Race for Life this weekend on Blackheath i think. Big yearly event.

The other thing - sounds like a normal wednesday afternoon in charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Is something happening up there this weekend ? Last night i noticed that they had put up loads of crowd control fences and there was a big tent the Greenwich park side. None of it as big as the London marathon but similar sorat set up.

Was wondering the same thing, just done a quick search on the internet but can't find mention of anything.
  • Options
    I think there's a rugby match on Sunday to celebrate Blackheath Rugby club's 150th Birthday
  • Options
    Isnt it the cancer chairty stuff they do every year, the women in the pink 'break through' or somthing like and that and Bobby Moore chairty for the men. mite be wrong but think my sister did it around this time last year.
  • Options
    actually race for life is next weekend 13th. preparing early?
  • Options
    Rugby

Valley Mac is right.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Royal Blackheath Golf Club are celebrating their 400th Anniversary this year and Sat / Sun is the clumination of this with big events on the heath, were they used to play until the merger with Eltham GC were they now play.

They are playing on the heath where the holes used to be and parts of the heath and roads crossing it will be closed off.

]Link

]
  • Options
    ah yes I did notice them cutting it must be the fairways etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to all the clubs of blackheath.

did better than we managed.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    My 7 year old plays for the Club and is taking part in some coaching sessions.....also a *very* well known bloke is playing a round of the golf course they have set up.

The Club are playing matches vs Newport and the Barbarians this season as part of their 150th.

I go there more than The Valley now :o(
  • Options
    Soooooooooooo is not for charity its for a golf club ? and they are going to give the whole area grief cos of a golf club ? to quote " wot a F**KIN liberty!!!!!!"

think ill drive right over it tonite.
  • Options
    Race For Life's next weekend.

Didn't know about the golf/rugby/running shindig - hope the weather holds for them!
  • Options
    Playing where the original holes were???

They'll have to dodge the needles, dog sh*t and beer cans first.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Soooooooooooo is not for charity its for a golf club ? and they are going to give the whole area grief cos of a golf club ? to quote " wot a F**KIN liberty!!!!!!"

think ill drive right over it tonite.

Its arguably the oldest GC in the World. Slightly different.

Plus they have a high ranking royal as a member so that might have swung things ;)
  • Options
    Who Frank Carson ?
  • Options
    And all those dead bodies up there too . . . . make nice tees though?

I think you may see the highrankingroyal very early doors. . . loves a bit of swinging
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I think you may see the highrankingroyal very early doors. . . loves a bit of swinging

LOL
  • Options
    Greenwich Council family fun day
    Link
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

On this, my dad called me Wednesday, said there were about 20-30 OB outside Charlton station in the late afternoon, sniffer dogs, meat wagons etc, he asked me if we had a friendly and if anyone was turning up....obvisously not, but any ideas anyone?

Nothing that odd about this is Charlton, sadly.