Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

addickted.net

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
why is it not working?

Comments

• Last time someone asked that I joked "maybe it collapsed under the weight of all those avatars and smilies" and was then roundly abused so I'm not going to say that or anything like it.
  • yes they're quite touchy on there with you! It seems you can do no right.

its back working now.
  • Maybe it collapsed under the weight of their T-shirts.
  • It's what we call "You're Ok, I'm not OK" in the business. When you have poor self image (I'm not OK) you have to find something negative about the other person who you see as "more than you" to balance up.

For example you see another man/woman, good looking, fit, well dressed, loads of cash, good looking partner. If you are OK with yourself you say "lucky chap/chapess I'll go and have a chat". If you however have a poor self image (not OK) then you try to find fault with them (small penis/thicko/implants/tart or whatever).

Given up trying to posting on there or trying communicate on an adult to adult level with them as not really possible due to above.
  • i think i might run and hide now after that.... i sense a war!!
  • Re: T-shirts, see if I said that I would be insulting their community work and spitting in the face of Demelza House. You should be ashamed of yourself, Inspector.

PS how much do you think they have sold/raised for Demelza so far?
  • I tend to keep my trap shut myself for the same reasons.

Although I must confess I did get a free T-shirt for having a Goalhanger.net ad on All Quiet In The East Stand for two years.
  • Didn't stop you saying I was a mad leftie taking a stage with George Galloway though did it. : - )

Only just seen it. Very funny but more worried that Brian Cole and Suzi are stalking me.
  • You only say that because you were bottom of the bill.
  • you got to start somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry, I seem to remember you making that comment about the cafc-fans site rather than addickted.net ;-)

Sometimes addickted changes around the server that makes it slow/not work
  • You're right, PH but it seems to be that cafc-fans or some of it migrated to addickted after a row about the quality of the servers that kept crashing.
  • Addickted was down for the majority of Friday due to an upgrade on the servers. Weight of the t-shirts has not yet been confirmed as the result of increased traffic ;)

As I've said to you in emails Ben, "Addickted.net do not have a problem with you". Opinions from select members, does not, repeat, does NOT, make it the "opinion of Addickted.net".

As with all forums, there is freedom of speech.

Again, as I have said to you via several emails, if you have issues, please contact me direct.
  • Henry
    I do not understand where you are coming from on this are you saying that indeed you are not alright? (as they say in the business?)

"It's what we call "You're Ok, I'm not OK" in the business. When you have poor self image (I'm not OK) you have to find something negative about the other person who you see as "more than you" to balance up."

Then going on to say!

"Re: T-shirts, see if I said that I would be insulting their community work and spitting in the face of Demelza House. You should be ashamed of yourself, Inspector.

PS how much do you think they have sold/raised for Demelza so far? "

Come on Henry life ain't all that bad is it?

Swanning around the the Valley treating your voters with contempt and acting like a petty little sawdust ceaser - Henry your "friends" are laughing at you not with you at the moment.

They are saddened by your lack of compassion and not embracing the community
    They do not undestand why you have turned your back on their loyal votes

Spurinna reckons you are doing Dowie and "cut it" - is this true?

Maybe a day spent at Demleza with some poeple obviously more unfortuante than you may make you feel "your not alright and thank God i am alright?"

Come on Henry (Ben "from the " Hayes) Its time for you to live life, laugh and be happy !
  • Thin Skin alert!
  • LOL
    Not funny if your stuck at Demleza though - and I think its your precious "fans director" that has the thin skin.

Thing is Rothko if you give it out in life mate youve got to take it -

PS can Henry not come back with his own comments - what are you his PA?
  • No, but maybe Rothko realises that Ben puts in a fair share of work.

Maybe you should try looking a bit more indepth at the work the fans director does and give him a chance before judging.
  • Think people are more then aware of the work done at Demelza, I personally do as my mum works at a school for children with disabilities, so do one with the holier then thou attitude.

It's a fair question though, how much has been raised for the Hospice?
  • Maybe if Mr Hayes actually communicated effectively with the fans then we know what a sterling job he does!

You must be honoured to be in the know.

Whatever issues Mr Hayes has with Demelza House as well as other less than salubrious comments made I would suggest that any judgement being made has been made based on these and these alone.

Please dont mistake this as a dig at this site as I repect the majority of the views of the posters on here.

The issues Mr Hayes has with communcatung effectively over the net are not just pertinent to the site selling demelza t-shirts either

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=905&p=16&style=1&forumId=6613&action=1&replytoid=2120729306

So maybe if he cant tell us what an important job he does for the community you can?

When do you reckon Spurrina will let us know?

She was right about Dowie!
  • edited November 2006
    Posted By: Rothko - so do one with the holier then thou attitude.

It's a fair question though, how much has been raised for the Hospice?[/quote]

1) Charmed to meet you as well? (Wondering what comment Mr Hayes would of come back at me if I had said that to him?)
    2) Why dont you ask the site owners yourself? ( what answer do you htink you will get when all you do is diminish and undermine the work done - at the moment as an outsider looking in - the only Juvenile comments I see our being made by our elected fans director. So if you want to start getting some sensible dialogue - I guess youve got to start asking sensible questions?
  • Sponsored links:

• nothing worse then someone quoting out of context, take the first para as a whole, instead of selectively quoting.

I've got a suggestion, instead of buying a t-shirt, how about people just give directly to Delmelza? Gift aid it as well, and the hospice is far better off, then buying a t-shirt, and them seeing a small fraction of the £13.
  • [cite]Posted By: Spirito Di Canio[/cite]
    Swanning around the the Valley treating your voters with contempt and acting like a petty little sawdust ceaser - Henry your "friends" are laughing at you not with you at the moment.

Just out of interest, what the hell is a sawdust ceaser?
  • edited November 2006
    Okey-dokey everyone, in the interest of amicable, neighbourly relations, let's move this on before it descends any further. I think I'll sink it.

Maybe we should organise a Charlton Life/Addickted.net piss-up?

Sawdust Caesar? It's either a reference to Mods? or Mussolini?
  • Happy to explain to anyone what I've done although of course I've already done just that in the programme and in my articles. All you have to do is e-mail me at ben@charltonfansdirector.co.uk.

Not really interested in the rest of what No Nonsense diawara and Spirto Di Canio have to say as one is the moderator on Addickted.ripoff and the other is wife/friend. How honest is that then.

Still I'm OK, hope everyone else is too.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Happy to explain to anyone what I've done although of course I've already done just that in the programme and in my articles. All you have to do is e-mail me at ben@charltonfansdirector.co.uk.

Not really interested in the rest of what No Nonsense diawara and Spirto Di Canio have to say as one is the moderator on Addickted.ripoff and the other is wife/friend. How honest is that then.

Still I'm OK, hope everyone else is too.[/quote]

I'm glad your Ok

I'm Ok as well

So everyones happy again :)
  • Dearie,dearie me,it's all kicked off again.icon_rolleyes.gif
    One simple question and all handbags are drawn,oh dear.
  • mr leaburn sire, why then bring a spat to the top that was last posted on over 10hrs ago, unless you want to bring it up again !!!
  • Mate,just got pointed to it.
    Anyways,my connection is slow.
    So is there a time limit on here theneusa_shifty.gif
  • Whatever happened to this place. Went on there today and nobody has posted since March. We've had the new league, new season but there was never a new website? Seems odd.
  • It is back working again now!!!