Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When we go to Kent

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
When we move to Chatham should we keep the name going ? i cant see that we can. So what should we be called ?

Walderslade Wanderers has a nice ring to it and we could call the boozer in the new ground The Pikeys Rest.

or Medway City and our colurs could be bright pink. New club motto "we bend for anyone".

Comments

• Options
    The Medway Marauders
  • Options
    Gillingham FC
  • Options
    Stroud Saxons

Grain Giants

Rochester Raiders

when the new Yank owners about.
  • Options
    the medway massive
  • Options
    The Amadeus Rockers
  • Options
    how about we say in SE London and call ourselves Woolwich Arsenal?
  • Options
    "Chatham Chavletic FC, by far the greatest chavs, the world has ever seen."
  • Options
    Yes could do i suspect the club would have to have very very very good fire insurance though.
  • Options
    Caravans Utd FC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes could do i suspect the club would have to have very very very good fire insurance though.

Difficult to burn down a 50,000 all seater concrete floating stadium that can be sailed up and down the river. It will start at Broadstairs at about 10.00am and pick up fans on the way and they stop by the Anchor and Hope at 2.30 where the game will be played. At 5.00 pm it will start sailing back to Kent.

If we are playing say West Ham or Tottenham it will stop on the north side of the river as well.

Peter Varney's parting legacy for the club. Brilliant.

Club will be known as Thames Tornadoes FC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While we're on the topic Henners can you charter some boats for the Brighton game? Come on call yourself a fans director?

:)
  • Options
    Petrol still catches fire on water!

depends where it docks when up the Thames --- how about Deptford Creakers FC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]While we're on the topic Henners can you charter some boats for the Brighton game? Come on call yourself a fans director?

No, not any more I don't
  • Options
    I did hear that we were looking to float the club.
  • Options
    Surely it wont work with the tidal system, mind you, we could be called Ebb & Flow FC, you have to ring the club 2 hours before to find out where the next home game will be played, Woolwich, Thames Barrier, Tilbury Docks, Westminster Pier
  • Options
    It is all part of Target 40000's attempt to pick up floating supporters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Surely it wont work with the tidal system, mind you, we could be called Ebb & Flow FC, you have to ring the club 2 hours before to find out where the next home game will be played, Woolwich, Thames Barrier, Tilbury Docks, Westminster Pier

Obviously KO times will depend on the tides. Goes without saying. Can't go as far a Westminster due to bridges. Come on E. be realistic!

As you say we can play "home" game all over Kent and further afield. I suggested Calais so we can all load up with cheap booze but the catering boys said it would hit our bottled beer sales and customs said that the many hooligans who follow the club wouldn't be able to get in to France.

Southend Away would be good.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]While we're on the topic Henners can you charter some boats for the Brighton game? Come on call yourself a fans director?

:)[/quote]

"No, not any more I don't "

How unlike you to duck the issue....

he he he
  • Options
    Not happy with Red Red Robin being ditched and Graham Nortons version of "i am sailing" being our theme song tho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][
    a 50,000 all seater concrete floating stadium that can be sailed up and down the river. It will start at Broadstairs at about 10.00am and pick up fans on the way and they stop by the Anchor and Hope at 2.30 where the game will be played. At 5.00 pm it will start sailing back to Kent.

I like it.

We could be the Woolwich Ferriers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Surely it wont work with the tidal system, mind you, we could be called Ebb & Flow FC, you have to ring the club 2 hours before to find out where the next home game will be played, Woolwich, Thames Barrier, Tilbury Docks, Westminster Pier

Obviously KO times will depend on the tides. Goes without saying. Can't go as far a Westminster due to bridges. Come on E. be realistic!

As you say we can play "home" game all over Kent and further afield. I suggested Calais so we can all load up with cheap booze but the catering boys said it would hit our bottled beer sales and customs said that the many hooligans who follow the club wouldn't be able to get in to France.

Southend Away would be good.

Well, we could get as far as Tower Bridge and upto London Bridge, and play in the middle by HMS Belfast, I would willingly man the gun turretts to shoot any approaching palarse fans (or men in cardigans)
  • Options
    Men who were cardigans are real men. To reflect our new nautical theme all fans and staff will have to wear bell bottoms (I know GH still wears his from the 70s) and the players will have Aaron jumpers rather than nancy nylon shirts

So everyone happy with the plan. The board said the fans would hate it but I said "No, it will go down better than the titanic".

With luck should be in place for 2010/11 season
  • Options
    Looks like someone else thought of it first - but nothing came of it, so maybe we can go ahead.

Woolwich Ferriers - LOL

floating stadium
  • Options
    Sams statue would have to go and Sailor Brown will be his replacement. Only grog to be sold in the bars.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]While we're on the topic Henners can you charter some boats for the Brighton game? Come on call yourself a fans director?

Think I've found one we can afford! ;-)
  • Options
    The Bourne Legends :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]

Think I've found one we can afford! ;-)[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_272417 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]Charlton boat.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

I didn't realise Horation Nelson had such a big head...:0O
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]When we move to Chatham should we keep the name going ? i cant see that we can. So what should we be called ?

Walderslade Wanderers has a nice ring to it and we could call the boozer in the new ground The Pikeys Rest.

or Medway City and our colurs could be bright pink. New club motto "we bend for anyone".

Already a team in the Rochester and District league called Medway City, I used to play for them. Saying that though if anyone wants to see more fight in the team thats where to start!!