Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More proof we're moving to Medway...

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Fitness tests took place in Chatham....

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32531

Comments

• Options
    But it was the Uni of Greenwich.

Appears the uni in Chatham has the most up-to-date analysis and photo imaging machines none of which I understand but they can tell if you are carrying an injury by how someone is running or holding their head etc.

The shoot for the new kit was done there as well
  • Options
    Uni of Greenwich is irrelevant Henners... it was in CHATHAM

;-)
  • Options
    Ah that Greenwich university in CHATHAM dockyard?

Right next to a nuclear waste dump St. Marys Island ?

That one Medders?
  • Options
    Dont be silly - AEG will take us over. Build a 50K stadium next to the Dome !!!! You heard it here first. Charlton Athletic in Greenwich always !!!! dont let anyone move us out the area.
  • Options
    Wont happen
  • Options
    Tel - What medway or AEG or both?
  • Options
    That's the one Dicko.

Maybe we could build a stadium on St Marys Island and call it St Marys Stadium? One things for sure, it never gets cold on St Marys Island... the glow keeps you nice and toasty
  • Options
    AEG has possibilities, at the very least Charlton are looking to partner with them.....ie using Greenwich as an attraction....concert ticket at the 02 combined with a scintilating day at the Valley. Medway is a no goer if the board members at City Addicks know there stuff (which I really believe they do). Kings Hill (training ground)is also unlikely unless we regain our Premiership status.....quoted by Steve Waggott, but will be really something if it gets pulled off and we are back in the big league.
  • Options
    Why are people talking about relocating out to Medway? Have I missed something?

Even if the fan base were to accept it (which they wouldn't) it doesn't make sense in terms of marketing - Kent is natural Charlton territory anyway; London is where the fight for fans is happening and Charlton have to be 'in it to win it' as they say...

Besides, they already have a team, a not very good team, but a team nonetheless.
  • Options
    We are moving to Maidstone not Medway everyone in the know knows that !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2008
    On a serious note, I have always said we dont sell our location well, near City Airport, The o2, historical Greenwich park and Naval colleges,The Cutty Sark, Blackheath common, the Thames Barrier, Woolwich Barracks, we have a hell of a lot o history locally, mixed with the new, DLR extensions etc.

And the fact that propery experts are saying that the whole of the Thames Estuary out towards Gravesend (look at the recent Woolwich & Thamesmead riverfront developments) will be the prime property locations in the next 5 - 10 years.

Mentioned this at the market research we did the other week, I think we are in a prime location for serious investors and the selling points.
  • Options
    Good points there DA9. Seriously though. Have we ever been the subject of a serious takeover. Rumours last summer about Russians, Nigerians etc and recently the AEG thing. Why we are not seen as prime targets based on DA9s post I will never know
  • Options
    On a tangent.

Its not a price issue with our Board though - i have a strong feeling that the board would accept 10m (figure plcuked out of thin air) less just to get the "right" investor(s).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]On a serious note, I have always said we dont sell our location well, near City Airport, The o2, historical Greenwich park and Naval colleges,The Cutty Sark, Blackheath common, the Thames Barrier, Woolwich Barracks, we have a hell of a lot o history locally, mixed with the new, DLR extensions etc.

And the fact that propery experts are saying that the whole of the Thames Estuary out towards Gravesend (look at the recent Woolwich & Thamesmead riverfront developments) will be the prime property locations in the next 5 - 10 years.

Mentioned this at the market research we did the other week, I think we are in a prime location for serious investors and the selling points.

Actually we do. The club is very aware of the Thames Gateway and what is happening with issues like cross rail, the Woolwich/Greenwich transit system and of course the pennisula.

Our location and transport links form a big part of our pitch to sponsors etc and through the Trust we are involved in a lot of what is going on already,

And we're not moving to Chatham, Maidstone or anywhere else in Kent. The floating stadium is the way forward.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The floating stadium is the way forward.
    As a floating voter I'd vote for that :)